CHAPTER SEVEN: What Are We?

We arrive at William's house and we walk inside. I quickly put Micheal to bed and go back downstairs to where William is. I find him in the kitchen pouring out two glasses of (favourite wine). He hands me one and we sit down on the sofa.

After a good amount of time has passed watching crap TV, I turn to look at William and he notices, turning the volume down and facing me.

"What's wrong?" He asks me, his head tilted slightly with curiosity.

"I-Uh-I was just thinking about something." I particularly lie.

"Uh-oh. That can be bad." William jokes and I giggle slightly.

"William, what are we? Like, we hook up all the time and there is clearly something there but nothing seems to happen or anything. So, what are we? Coworkers? A colleague and her boss? Friends? Lovers? What?"

William looks taken back and gets grip of my hands and holds them in his. "I'd like to think we are lovers." He says with little-to-no hesitancy. "It's all up to you my dear. If we are, then we'll have to keep it from Henry because he's against workplace relationships."

I say nothing but instead let go of his hands, moving myself onto his lap. Facing him, I place his face in my hands, kissing him passionately whilst I gently grind on his crotch. We part our lips yet I continue grinding on his, now erect, member through mine and his jeans.

"Is that a yes then?" He hesitantly asks me, his cheeks red and his breathing heavier.

"Obviously." I say and begin to kiss him again.

Ring! Ring!   
Ring! Ring!

I stop and get off of William's lap. He gets up to answer the phone and I quickly kiss his cheek.

"I'll see you at work tomorrow. I'm going to go home." I say.

"Okay." William kisses my lips quickly. "I'll see you tomorrow." He rushes to answer the phone and I walk out of his house, exchanging waves as I leave.

I get into my car, which is still parked out the front of William's house and drive home.

••••Time Skip & Dream••••

Drip. Drip. Drip. Rain hits my window as I work late on my computer. Thunder can be heard in the distance and cars driving through the freshly born puddles on the road. I finish typing and walk downstairs to grab a snack and a drink.

I enter the kitchen and open the refrigerator door. Knock. Knock. Knock. Three knocks sound through my door and I exit the kitchen, curious to see who or what's at the door during this time of night.

I open the door and am greeted by the familiar silhouette of William Afton.

"You scared me." I say. "Why are you here so late? I've already put Micheal to bed. Where have you been?"

He says nothing. Instead, he walks in and sits on a chair at the kitchen worktop.

With the light shining on him I can examine the man before me properly. I can see dark stains on his purple work uniform and automatically know that it's blood.

"What have you done?" I ask him and I catch notice of a wedding ring on his ring-finger. "Why has your shirt got blood on it?"

"I did it. I DID IT."

••••Wake Up••••

I get out of bed and only remember fragments from my dream. I check the time, get changed into my uniform and drive to work.

What had William done?