CHAPTER THREE: Falling For You... Hard

Just like yesterday, I arrive at Freddy's and am greeted by William at the entrance. There are no birthday parties today to my surprise set setting up for the day is simpler than yesterday.

I finish placing the menus on the tables and once again I feel as though William's looking at me, when I turn around I catch him averting his eyes to the main stage. What is going on in that brain of yours, Afton?

"William!" I shout across the room.

"Yeah?" He asks in response, his voice groggy.

"I've finished putting the menus out." I walk closer to him as I speak. "Can I have a quick break please before the customers arrive?"

"Sure, I'll give you a ten minute break. Is that okay?" I nod in agreement. "Good. Now, you have your break whilst I give Henry a quick call."

I make my way towards the break room and have a drink plus a quick snack. I also use the facilities and freshen up before customers start to arrive at the establishment. When I walk back to the main dining area I can hear William in his office.

"Can you believe it? She told everyone that I cheated on her and then had the audacity to try and hide it from me!" William's muffled voice comes through the door. "No, Henry, I can't 'take a chill pill'! I thought that she was done with all of this and then she decides to repeat history by chatting shit about her own husband, I don't think that's something that's forgivable. You and your misses haven't had to experience this so you have no idea what it's like! She told me she loved me and I believed her! The worst part is that I know she's the one cheating but I forgive her because I love her! I can't do this anymore, Henry, I have no choice but to divorce her. I'll call her during lunch break that she'll be staying with her parents. Sorry about this, I just had to get it off of my chest. Talk to you later."

I make sure I'm fully past the door and further down the corridor for when William comes out of his office. I hear his office door shut and I turn around to see a fake smile plastered across his face but I decide to remain silent.

"Let's go sell some pizza to some hungry kids!" He says, an underlying tone of pain in his fake happiness.

The two of us walk to the main entrance and he turns the sign reading 'OPEN' to face the outside world. A genuine smile begins to form on William's face and it makes me realise how much he loves this job. He truly has a passion for what we do at Freddy's.

He catches me staring at him and he smirks. "Earth to Y/n. Come in Y/n." He teases and I just mumble. "Well, if you can get a hold of her and tell her to stop day dreaming and do her job that would be great."

I snap out of my trance. "Huh?"

William smiles and let out a chuckle that evolved into laughter. "Bless your heart. You better not be picturing me in a bikini." He winks.

"What? No I wasn't. I was - I just - uh, never mind."

"Let's prepare for the first wave of guests to arrive."

I nod and we walk to the counter at the front that handles guests and bookings. I stand in front of the wooden stand and William slouches over it, his hands dangling off the edge. I look down and notice a missing wedding ring. This must be something serious. I hope everything's okay.

The day begins slowly with only a small handful of customers in at a time. To help pass the time, I walk behind the stand to join William as I decide to try and strike up small talk with my co-worker.

"So," I start,"what's home life like for the great William Afton?"

He freezes and tries to relax, hoping to not come a cross as too on edge. "Um- it's okay I guess. My wife and I might be facing a divorce. I have a feeling she'll leave Micheal, our son, with me so she can keep dealing with wild cards. He's only just learning how to walk and I couldn't be prouder, especially when he plays with his plushies I stole-don't tell Henry- from Prize Corner on opening day." He explains and the biggest smile forms on his pained face as he talks about his son. He pulls out his wallet from his pocket and takes out a photograph of a baby in the arms of a make-shift golden Bonnie costume and a dark haired woman. "This was him on his first day at Freddy's."

"He's a very handsome baby." I state. "I'm sorry about the struggles you're facing, William."

His lips curl up at the side slightly as it's too painful for him to put on a smile. I run my finger along his arm in comfort and he grabs my hand, holding it as if it would be the last thing he ever does. I rub my thumb against the back of his hand and I feel myself turn as red as Foxy's fur suit.

I can't help myself but to want more. I need his embrace. I need his comfort. I need him...