A Romantic Look Into the Future

Hey! I don't venture into romance and it's really hard for me to write stuff like this but I did it for you guys. Hope you enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

          They say that God has already chosen our mates for us, that it’s prewritten who we will marry. It’s almost unfathomable, isn’t it? Right now, there is someone out there that is waiting to meet you. It’s hard to comprehend.

          Tonight, there are four couples who are all looking up at the stars, staring at the same moon. They’re all linked somehow. Their lives are roped, braided, intertwined. Some things they know, some they don’t.

          These four couples…at least one person from each couple knows at least one person from another couple. They all grew up together. They went to the same Sunday school. They saw each other go through puberty. They knew each other’s secrets. But now, today, they all have different lives.

          It’s up to you to figure out who is who. Take a look at what they’re doing tonight!

Couple #1

          “Hot chocolate for you.” The young man, in his late twenties, sits down next to his beautiful wife and hands her a steaming mug. Her breath puffs out in front of her, visible.

          “Thank you.” She whispers, her heart warming at the attentiveness of her husband just like her hands were warming due to the mug in her hands. He had even added one big marshmallow, just the way she drank it when she was a child.

          They both stare out at the rolling acres in front of them, a portion of their secluded property. “Isn’t it funny how once upon a time we used to be so social?” The woman asks with a rueful smile.

          The man smiles, his golden-green eyes twinkling and brimming with love for his wife. “Surreal, isn’t it? Even when I met you, I never thought any of this was possible.” Taking a sip of his hot chocolate, he reaches over and laces her fingers with his own. They’re a sharp contrast. His hands are masculine and tan; his fingers are long. A silver wedding band is on his left hand, on his ring finger. His wife’s hands are smaller, her fingers more delicate, and her skin is lighter than his. A delicate diamond sits on the ring finger of her left hand, the crown of their beautiful, loving marriage. A jolt of electricity surges through both of them.

          “Well, now it is. Look at us. The dream house, the dream kids, and…the dream man. God has been so good to us.” Setting down both their mugs, the wife snuggles in deeper under the crook of her husband’s muscular arm. “I love you.” She whispers. Her whispers are not lost to the cool air of the twinkling night. They are a brave confession, only to be heard by him.

          “I love you more.” The man whispers back with a smile. His heart begins to race just like it did the first day he saw her.

          “Not possible.” She shakes her head, looking up and observing the stars above them.

          “Definitely possible.” He kisses the top of her head, his lips feeling the silky smooth strands of hair as they radiate the smell of vanilla. His heart starts beating faster. She always has this effect on him.

          The woman looks up then. She lifts her lips and slowly kisses him. Their kiss is sweet, a product of the beauty acquired from their purity before marriage, the waiting.

          Sparks fly and birds sing and rainbows burst for the woman. The man is simply captivated by the beauty of his wife and of the moment. He found himself screaming thank you to God for giving her to him.