The Friends That Used To Be -- An Interview with Zak and Adam

I'm on a roll LOL. Enjoy! ;)

[The room is solemn and quiet. The two boys enter one after another, quietly taking their seats across from me. They’re not really looking at each other.]

Ash: *nervous about how this will go* Salam guys.

Zak: *quietly* Salam.

Adam: *quietly* Salam.

Ash: We are gathered here today to witness the—

Zak: Yo Ash. We’re not getting married.

Ash: *mumbles* I wish we were…

Zak: What?

Adam: *having heard me* WHOA! Uh…I think he meant that he and I aren’t getting married.

Ash: *embarrassed having been heard* Pfft…yeah…of course!

Adam: *looks at me weird and then mumbles* God…who the hell is this girl?

Ash: *huffs* I’m your creator.

Adam: *shakes head* Uh…no. Allah is my creator.

Ash: Well…ok, yeah. He’s your creator. But I came up with you.

Zak: We have parents for that.

Ash: *sheepish* Um…well…yeah. I came up with them too.

Adam: *freaked out* Look, can we just get this over with?

Ash: Fine. But I’m going to be asking questions that you guys may be uncomfortable answering. But the readers want to know.

Zak: Uh…no. I’m not going to be answering what the readers want to know. Maysa’s been spilling my private life all to them. *crosses arms defiantly*

Ash: Zaky-boy, shut up. I can kill you off. Behave yourself. Or else you won’t grow up to be an architect and meet the pretty girl that you’re going to marry and…

Zak: *jumps up* Don’t joke with me, woman! And wait…what pretty girl?

Adam: Shut up, Zak.

Ash: *laughs* This is ironic.

Both: What is?

Ash: When Mays and Noh were in here, it was Maysa telling Noha to shut up. With you guys…it’s opposite. Ya get me?

Both: *give me a weird look* No.

Ash: *sighs* Ok…you know what? Let’s just get down to business. This is a hard question, but why aren’t you guys friends anymore?

Zak: *clenches jaw* No comment.

Adam: No comment. *looks away*

Ash: This is hard, isn’t it?

Adam: The fact that you got two ex-best friends in a room together? Yup.

Ash: *softly* Look guys…I know that it’s really hard to be here for you guys but can we please just have one interview peacefully for the readers?

Zak: *snorts* Depends on what questions you ask.

Ash: *sighs* Fine, I’ll ask you questions so that people will understand your personalities better. The real you. *looks pointedly at Zakariya*