Fate by the Gods (Special Episode)

I was walking by the street, just a few minutes after doing my everyday routine. It is Friday today,  excited that the week is already over, but not really excited because the week is over. Yeah, I know, it took me some time to understand that too. 

The thing is, I've been thinking: What if this 'Cess'-craze is only another burnout that is about to happen. What if it is a trap again? What if I only end up being so lonely because of the fall from a very high hope that only I myself feel? I maybe mistaken again. I maybe reading these signs wrong after all. I need some very lucky cosmic helluva sign that proves to me that she is the one.

"Like what sign?"

My mind exclaimed frantically.

"Well... Like she magically shows up before I reach around the corner of San Marcelino st., before I cross the road." I said to my mind.

"But that is impossible?" Said my mind.

"I know. If this be the fate by the gods then they'll make it happen." I said.

The sun was shining nice accompanied by a cool breeze of the morning. Leaves fell as if it's already fall but it's only the end of winter. (PH has no winters, this is just a reference)

I was smiling while walking, thinking how funny I was thinking that she is the one for me, given the signs that I could've mistakenly read.

I then reached the corner of the street. I now wait for the red lights turn green.

"See? There is no such things as fate. Those signs were just imaginations in your unicorn fantasy." I said to myself.

The trucks were moving fast along the Boulevard. The sunshine was still nice but the amount of students going to school is getting thicker causing some heat increase around me. 

I looked left to right like I always do while at it. 

After glancing at the right, I thought I saw something. I looked again.

Just at the same time that she looked to her left and our eyes intertwined. 

My heart raced and just stopped beating for long. Long enough that I am still alive as of now writing this diary. My whole body somewhat froze that I could not feel them. 

We smiled at each other and waved hello. 

Now I realized that Cess was just a meter away from me also waiting for the walk signal. This large rectangular rock was between us. 

Now the impossible just freaking happened. I never wished for this, let alone thinking that this was impossible at all. It's like in the movies, when the character discovers the one meant for him. The sun's rays suddenly became dramatic, probably after finding out about this moment.

I should waste no time.

I walked slowly but carefully towards her side. She felt me coming and looked at me. She was smiling so I smiled too. I didn't think I was creepy or something (or maybe I was).

"May klase ka ngayon, klasmeyt?" ("Do you have a class now, classmate?") I said smiling.

"Oo, late na nga ata ako." ("Yeah, and I think I'm already late") she replied.

We both smiled as the small talk just took place. It was supposed to be a conversation but her friend started talking  to her. I stood beside her respecting her privacy. I could see her taking glances at me, or maybe that was just me.

It was at this moment, time became super slow. I thought I was dreaming but this was way too real. The people walking past me made no particular sense. All I know that exists is me and her ... and her friend. I don't know if I can stand longer because I want to succumb myself of this superb feeling. I was happy. 

The light turned green now, and we walked the crosswalks. She acknowledged my presence by looking at me, little by little, sometimes in a row. I appreciate that. 

This walk to school is no longer a normal walk. Every step I take is timeless. I can feel my temperatures taking its peak. The joy in my body is like the razing of hot air molecules. I was trying to hide my smile but I couldn't so I did it like how I would smile at her.

We were like normal friends, walking in a row and maintaining optimal distances. 

Not until this big tall guy made an overtake. She was one person ahead of me and I couldn't overtake this stupid boulder. Luckily, he turned left and I was by her again. However after crossing Zobel st., her friend decided to buy some school supplies. She stopped and I slowed down a bit. She tried to find me from this dense crowd and she did found me. 

I know what she is about to do, and I must accept the fact that I must go on because I haven't unlocked the wait-for-her ability considering my current closeness status with her. Well don't be sad young man, you will have your chance, next time.

And so I waved goodbye at her, though sadness crept my heart because I thought we were to walk to school. Or maybe we could talk for some more. Apparently not this time, and it is okay. 

She waves me goodbye to I departed on my own.

Though sad, I was extremely happy. I have never felt this high before. The gods did made their point. It seems that they did meant Cess for me, and I for her. Therefore, I choose not to fail them. They gave me a wonderful person to love and care and I would not waste this opportunity they gave me. Even if I do, then the fate of the gods would bring me back in line, to her.

====================

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay, this pandemic was really a pain in the ass. Four months, right? I hope you liked this and its prequels. I will try my best to continue the episodes. Thanks for the support. This is for you, Cess.

- Gerry