Chapter One - Part 2

Opening my eyes, I saw her face smiling down at me. Her eyes filled up with tears of joy at the sight of my cracked opened eyes. I heard her voice spark in my ears for a moment.

"The ambulance is here." My sister told me. "We got you on it without any problems."

I want to tell her a joke. Something for her to know I was aware of what she was saying. I saw the metal ceiling of the ambulance above my sister's head. She touched her hand onto mine, trying to keep me awake. But my vision began to blur.

Thinking for a moment, I remembered a mask over my mouth. I gripped onto my sister's hand. Hoping she could feel me squeezing onto hers.

Cavan's voice spoke to me. "Blink if you can hear us."

I tried to blink for him. I felt overwhelmed with pain growing around my body from all sides. Each breath I took, felt like a hundred needles had poked into the lower part of my chest.

The sound of the ambulance's siren echoed in my ears. A car horn roared in the background behind the ambulance, lasting only a second. Other sounds of the city flooded into my ears.

My sister's voice came back to me for a moment. She muttered to me. I tried to listen to her. But the pain covering my body made nothing out screams shatter the world around me.

I wanted to know one thing, who was screaming.