Ch. 10: The Ball Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

Sauron: Anyone care to join me?

    A group of women try to surround him but the first one to beat them there was a beautiful woman with black hair and a billowing black dress. She took Sauron's hand in hers and he placed a hand on her hip. Many of the girls were jealous of her beauty and Leinas might've been too, if not for the prospect that she wasn't hideous anymore.

    Out on the dance floor Ungoliant and Sauron swayed with the music masterfully. Sauron's skills in dancing made many more women want a chance at him, even Lakyus wanted to see how she'd fare in a dance with him. As they continued the dance, Sauron and Ungoliant silently spoke.

Sauron: This is the first I've seen of you at this party tonight. What made you decide to join us now?

Ungoliant: Do you think I'd let any hussy here get the first dance with you, my love? No, that right belongs to me.  

    With a silent amused chuckle, Sauron spun Ungoliant gracefully to the music as females cried silently off to the side. Ungoliant watched them all and gave them a smug and victorious look. They continued dancing a little longer before Sauron told Ungoliant that he had to dance with others now. While sad at first, Ungoliant bowed and left with a smile on her face.

    Sauron was once again surrounded and proceeded to dance with multiple woman. Some were very flirtatious while others shy. After finishing a dance with a pretty blonde merchant, Sauron feels a tap on his shoulder. He turns to find Lakyus smiling.

Lakyus: Mind if I get a turn?

Sauron: Of course not.

    Offering his hand, Lakyus takes it and they begin their dance.

Sauron: Tell me, you wouldn't happen to be Lakyus Alvein Dale Aindra would you? Famous leader of the Blue Rose?

Lakyus: That would be me, yes.

Sauron: You're just as beautiful as I've heard. I'm glad I'm getting this opportunity to dance with you.

    Lakyus giggles as they continue on.

Lakyus: Not to be rude, but I must ask; how is it that you've come to rule over such a dark place? The ballroom is beautiful, but the land is barren and black.

Sauron: Mordor isn't all like this. Further southeast you'll find the Sea of Nurnen, surrounded by lush green fields and trees. Then directly east is the region Litlad, a desert with many exotic animals and plants. Not to mention the cold and snowy area around Seregost.

Lakyus: Aren't you afraid to give me this information? What if I tell everything to my king?

Sauron: Go ahead. I have no reason to hide the layout of Mordor. Besides, if he ever thought about invading, well... let's say it wouldn't matter. He wouldn't get far.

    Lakyus heard the threat, but kept quiet. She knew better to get the host of the party angry. Besides, a man this handsome couldn't be...

Lakyus: Wait, what am I saying?

    The adventurer shook her head, feeling a little lightheaded.