Chapter Twelve

The sound of Trevor's light snoring woke me up. That and my full bladder. When would I learn my lesson that a good night's sleep was way more important than getting drunk? Although I wouldn't change a single thing about last night, not even drinking, not when it had meant spending so much time with Matt.

I grabbed my phone from my nightstand where I had thankfully been sober enough last night to leave it charging. It was a few minutes after eight, way too early to be awake on a Sunday. I was grateful that Jewish services were on Saturday, since it meant I wasn't in a rush like I had been the last time I was hungover.

I climbed out of bed and made my way to my bathroom down the hall. All of the guys had slept over last night, Trevor sharing my queen bed with me, and Matt, Woody, and Tim crashing on the couches downstairs. Tim couldn't drive home last night for obvious reasons, and they had all been in such a state that I had been worried about them even walking over to the Wentworth's house without setting off any alarms or accidentally walking into suburban traffic, so I had insisted they sleep here. Although now I was concerned my parents had already woken up and found them, and were probably wondering why the hell all four boys had stayed over, when three of them lived on the same street and only one had ever spent the night before.

It seemed I was right to be concerned because when I walked downstairs, I saw the front door was open while the screen door remained closed. That meant my parents were drinking coffee on the porch, as they were prone to do before it got too cold outside. There was no way they had missed three teenage boys in their living room.

"Don't worry." I turned around at the sound of Matt's voice and raised a hand to my chest. I hadn't been expecting any of the guys to be awake this early. "Sorry," he apologized with a blush once he saw how startled I was. "I was just going to say that I told them it had just been really late last night, we were too tired to go home and didn't want to wake up our mom." I guess that sounded pretty believable.

"Oh. Thanks, Matt."

He nodded. His hair was slightly ruffled and his button-down shirt was crumpled. Trevor only kept one change of clothes at my house, so the others had been forced to sleep in their outfits from the dance. Matt was no longer wearing his tie - he had taken it off as soon as he'd pulled into my driveway last night - and the top few buttons on his shirt were left undone. It was a good look on him, but then again, I thought pretty much everything was.

"How long have you been up?" I asked.

"Maybe fifteen minutes," he shrugged. "Woody already woke up and headed home. He's an early riser."

"Yeah, your brother's snoring woke me," I rolled my eyes and Matt smiled.

"Yeah, he does that. Will you tell him and Tim that I went home when they wake up?"

My heart instantly sank in my chest. I'd thought that maybe after last night, having more one-on-one time with Matt might become more of a regular thing. "You're leaving already?"

"Yeah, I slept like shit on your stupid air mattress." He laughed but I felt bad about it.

"You should have woken me up and told me you couldn't sleep."

"And then what would you have done? Let me sleep in your bed with Trevor? No thanks." My bed was big enough that it could probably fit three people, but it would've been a tight squeeze. Not that I would have minded if it meant I got to sleep next to Matt...

I shook my head, knowing he was right. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Ana." He started to walk by me and toward the front door, but I wasn't going to let him leave so easily.