''let's go back to my apartment''. he carried me,careful not to hurt my shoulder any further and placed me in his car. he drove away and i was thankful that his house was not too far away. 

during the ride he was silent,taking a glance at me whenever he got the chance. at the red signal of a traffic light he stopped and covered my body with a blanket that he kept on the back. he took my hand in his,knowing well that i was scared of blood. it's kind of ironic actually,since i'm a cop. but,i love my job and know that i'm good at it.

when we arrived,he carefully placed me on the couch and hurried to bring any medication he could find. our job obligated us to have them for circumstances like this one.

when he came back,he sat beside me and removed the blood-soaked towel he had placed on my wound previously.

''how did this happen y/n? you never get hurt'',he teased. i supposed he wanted to calm me down. 

''i don't know really. i just...got shot all of a sudden. you took care of him afterwards however''.

he smiled proudly and observed my wound. ''i couldn't just let him take my partner away''.

''partner?'',i asked offensively.

''yes,i'm sorry. bestie'',he said with a smile.

i laid down satisfied,while he kneeled beside me to take care of the bleeding. 

''luckily,it looks like it went straight through,so i don't need to dig around for the bullet. i have to stop the bleeding however''. i nodded and he continued.

i could sense that he was slightly nervous. or maybe worried. it wasn't usual for me to get hurt. he was sweating and his hands were slightly shaking. i decided to keep my mouth shut nonetheless,letting him treat my wound. i knew he needed concentration and silence.

he picked up a needle and a thread,after managing to stop most of the bleeding with a new towel. i always dreaded that part. the stitches. san knew that already. i remembered being with him in the hospital the first time i needed stitches. he had held my hand during the whole process,lightly squeezing it here and there. we were both just twelve back then.

''it's alright,i'm here'',he said,caressing the back of my hand with his thumb. i slightly smiled,still tense from the horrifying sight of the sharp needle. i don't remember how many times san had held my hand before. it was either before both of us were going on a mission or when i was crying my problems to him,letting me know that he was there to listen. how could i not fall for a man like this? i find it impossible.

''all done'',he proudly announced,clearing up the floor and the couch. i looked down and noticed eight stitches on my now healed wound.

''thank you san''.

''you handled it like the little hero you are'',he softly smiled and ruffled your hair. 

''if we're talking about a hero everyone knows that we're talking about you. you're like...the superman of our town'',you said getting up,as he sat beside you.

he let out a warm chuckle. ''i'm just doing my job y/n''.

you pointed at your bandaged wound. ''this is not your job''.

''i know'',he responded.

you both grew silent,lost in your own thoughts. 

''but i do it because i love you and i don't want to lose you''.

you quickly turned around to see him already looking at you. his cheeks were lightly flushed and his eyes were sparkling.

''i love you too san'',you quietly confessed.

he looked down with a smile and shuffled closer to you,intertwining your fingers together just like he always did,only this time...it felt different.

''may i kiss you?''.

you mumbled an almost inaudible 'yes' before he leaned closer and placed his lips on top of yours. they tasted better than you had imagined. they felt softer than they appeared. his touch lit up a spark inside of you and you didn't want this moment to end. 

at first you're nervous,but then he puts his hand on the back of your head and strokes your hair in a reassuring way and suddenly you're not so nervous anymore. 

''you're so beautiful'',he murmured against your swollen lips.

he then circled his arms around you,gathering your whole body against his and you rolled over on the couch,tangled together,still kissing.