-01-

My family has never been the type of family to pack up and move to a new country. But here we are, driving past rows and rows of beautiful forestry. British Columbia was where my new home would be. Being so close to where I was born was making my body shiver. I was born here and then my mother left my father right after. Moving all the way to California, to meet my step dad Tim and then gave birth to my step sister Julia, I call her Jules. Now we're coming back, for better job opportunities.

     "We're about 5 minutes away kiddos." Tim said looking back us both with a huge grin on his face. Only to have it falter once his eyes landed on me. "Evelynn are you okay?"

    "Why wouldn't I be?" I asked confused.

    My step dad shrugged and turned back to talk to my mother while she drove. Meanwhile I get a shove to my side and look over to Jules only to find her eyes sparkling with curiosity.

     "I literally can't wait to meet all the cute boys!!! Don't you think they will be totally gorgeous Evie!?" Jules said while grabbing my arm and shaking me.

    "I'm not really worried about all that actually. I'm more excited about being somewhere completely new and beautiful. Plus I was born here, it'd be nice to see what the place is like." I said turning away from her to look out at the rows of trees wizzing by us. I got a shiver of goosebumps up my body. I was already in love with it.

     "You really suck you know that. You've never dated anyone before in your life. You're 17 for gods sake, not to mention guys actually want you! It's you who turns down the hottest boys in our grade! I really don't get you sometimes." She huffed turning to look out her window.

    "I just haven't found the right person for me yet. Something is always missing with every guy I meet. I just want someone who makes me feel whole." I sigh, drawing on the condensation on my window.

    "Yeah right. Have fun with that. Keep going down that path and you'll be single forever." She turns to her phone and automatically I'm shut out.

    "Girls! We're here!" My mom exclaimed while pulling into the driveway.

     My jaw dropped. We're dead smack in the outskirts of a town. Forestry all around the house. We still had neighbours but I'm sure that won't bother anyone. I couldn't believe my eyes at how large it was. It was twice the size of our old house. I quickly got out of the car and looked all around me.

     Everyone else got out of the car at this point. I looked over to my mom and she had the brightest smile on her face. I looked back over to the trees around our house. It was an old rustic house, it gives me cottage vibes. I walked slowly up to the steps of the house. Only to have Jules push past me into the house.

     "I call first pick on bedrooms!!" She said already in the house.

     I walked into the house to be surrounded with all wood interior. It's like a cabin but way bigger in size. My mom came in behind me with our bags, I turned around to see Tim outside grabbing more things.

     "The truck will be here in about 40 minutes. Why don't you grab Jules and go for a swim out back." She looked at me and smirked.

     "Swim?" I turned to the back door of the house and opened it to find a lake in our backyard, "you're kidding."

     I ran up the stairs and looked into two bedrooms before I found Jules in the room at the middle of the hallway. It had a view of the trees it was a really nice room. She looked up at me and saw the look on my face as I scanned the room.

     "The room is mine so. I already claimed it." She turned to me.

      "I don't want the room, I'm just looking at it. Anyways, did you know theres a lake out back?" I said walking up to the window and looking out it.