Ch.20-Date night P1

Start from the beginning

I gave valet my keys and walked in, arm-in-arm, with Millow. My date. She didn't seem the type to go on many dates.

"Y-you didn't tell me we we're going here." She said in a whisper as we entered the hall. She also didn't seem the type to be phlegmatically nervous.

I wrapped my arm around her waist as the woman at the front surveyed her. I knew why she was eyeing Millow.

"Good evening,"I said approaching her. Her eyes flickered to meet mine and she gave a small smile,"Table for two under Verine." She nodded checking the tablet in front of her. I felt Millow lean into me mumbling something.

I could've sworn I heard 'mine' and 'stupid'. I fought the urge to chuckle as I look down at her now very peachy cheeks. Has she realized she was talking out loud?

The woman looks back up with a smile only directed towards me. I didn't take pride in this...kind if agitated me. "Yes, Mr.Verine your table is over here."

She led us to a table near the back. It was right next to a window. They had plants on the window sill and fairy lights overhead. The woman gestured towards it and I pulled Millows seat out so she could sit.

"I'm Chealsea, just call me if you need anything." She touched my arm maintaining eye contact. I nodded briefly turning to sit down. She walked off and I sat in front of Millow.

Her eyes were on the now know Chealsea. I cleared my throat catching her attention. Her brows were furrowed and I gave a sympathetic smile.

"I wanna have fun tonight." I reached over grabbing her hand from the table.

"Hey look, I'm trying." I chuckled at her. We talk for a few minutes and a waiter comes over. I guess it was my time to be jealous.

"Hello, I'm Hakheem. I will be serving you today. Have you ever been here before?" He was looking straight at Millow. She gave a smile shaking her head.

"No I haven't actually." He smiled down at her. My jaw tightened. Her eyes flickered to mine and back to his in a second. "I reccomend-"

"We would like to start with drinks first though." She turned her attention to me slowly as she said it. I was a bit surprised. I shouldn't he though, from day one I knew Millow was bold and fiesty.

He cleared his throat and looked at me giving a curt nod,"Of course, what would you like?"

"How about..." I searched Millows face,"Two bottles, one champagne and one a white wine." I didn't see any protest on her expression so I went with it. He nodded again walking off.

I turned from him to see my favorite, crooked smile, plastered on her lips. It was loose and misleading but I knew what it meant. Mischief.

"If we can sit here rejecting people all night I think I can enjoy myself."

"Ooh, you have a big ego."

"So do you, don't deny it 'Mr. Verine'" She made air quotes obviously mimicking Chealsea. I laughed.

"I won't deny it. I have a pretty big ego. Just as big as Hakheems. He realllly liked you." She giggled leaning forward a bit.

"Did you see how he looked at me." She shivered faking disgust. I nodded.

"And when she touched me-"

"Oohh boy, I was ready to punch her." I raised and eyebrow at her smirking. She paused for a second and then looked down.

"You like me that much?" She bit her lip looking everywhere but me. I chuckled and she finally looked me in the eye. "Oh my god...Millow. Sorry my ego was speaking." She stifled a laugh.