Chapter 24 ~ Safe house

Start from the beginning

"Neither do we."

I take this as a time for me to speak up. "Looks like you're getting the tower to yourself Roy."

"When are you guys coming back?" He asks. I look at Stark and even he doesn't know the answer to that.

"I don't know," I say to him.

"Just be safe."

"We'll try," I say and end the call.

Stark and I make our way to the front. I had to grab on Tony a bit to keep myself balanced.

"Hey, you wanna switch out?" Stark asks Clint.

He looks back at us then back to the sky. "No, I'm good. If you wanna get some kip, now's a good time, cause we're still a few hours out. (Y/n) you should rest your head. You took a rough hit and have a concussion."

"Like that's gonna stop me," I say, smiling through the pain.

"A few hours from where?" Tony asks.

"A safe house." Clint answers.

Tony and I head in the back once again. My concussion should be gone by the time we get to wherever Clint is taking us. I might as well get some sleep so I grab a blanket and sit next to Dad, wrapping us both in it.

He looks down at me. "Thank you." He says quietly. I nod and give him a small smile. He wraps his arm around me and kisses my forehead. "You know I'll always protect you right?" He asks.

I look up at him. "I know," I say softly and get comfortable. I wonder what the witch showed him to make him ask me that question.

I snuggle into Dad and close my eyes as I drift off to sleep.

Steve's POV

I watch as (Y/n) snuggles into me and falls asleep. I stroke her hair and watch her breathing. What that witch showed me replays in my head. First I'm in a dance hall in the 1940s. I was never frozen and the war was over. Peggy was there and she asked me to have our dance and then everyone disappeared. Suddenly, the scene changed.

I walked into my room in the Avengers tower and saw a familiar body lying face down on the ground. It was a female in a royal blue dress that exposed her back. I walked over to the body and saw a message crudely carved into her back. 'This is your fault, Steve.' The message mocked. I recognized that dress and her hair.

"Oh God," I said as I quickly turned her over to reveal my worst nightmare.

It was (Y/n) with a bullet in the middle of her forehead. Her eyes were staring straight into the air and were glazed over. I looked down to where her dress revealed her shoulder blades to see a HYDRA symbol branded on her skin.

That's when I woke up from the vision.

I sit there and stroke her hair as Clint flies the jet in the night sky, but after a couple of minutes I fall asleep too.

Your POV

My eyes flutter open as Clint lands the jet.

"We're here," Clint says.

I look around and see Tony is the only one awake along with me. My concussion is finally gone thanks to my speed healing. Clint goes to wake up everyone, but I stop him as I slip out of Dad's grasp.

"I have a better idea," I tell him.

I grab one of Natasha's guns and aim it at the top of the jet.