A Clue From the Ancestors

Start from the beginning

"Stereotipical much?" Zed chuckled. "Anyway, I think you and Addison are the ones who need to talk."

Wyatt's brow furrowed in confusion as he turned towards Addison. "Talk? Why?"

"Can we go somewhere more private first?" Addison asked, clutching the book in her arms tightly. "I'd like this to be between the two of us before the whole pack finds out."

Wyatt nodded, a look of uncertainty still his eyes. "Yeah, sure. Let's go outside."

The two exited the den and sat on some nearby rocks. Wyatt watched as Addison fidgeted beside him, as if she were nervous and unsure how to start.

"Addison?" Wyatt questioned gently. "What's going on?"

She took a shaky breath and pushed the book into his hands. "When we were searching for the journals, Eliza found this. It contains a secret my parents never wanted revealed."

Wyatt looked down and stared at the cover of the book before looking back up at Addison. "So you wanted to tell me you're actually a boy?"

Addison snorted as she tried to hold back a laugh. "No silly! Just open it!"

Wyatt flashed her a lopsided grin. "I figured that wasn't it, but at least you're smiling now."

Addison nodded, smiling softly as Wyatt opened the book and began to study its contents. "Twins huh? Bet that was a surprise. Who's twins?"

"You'll see." Addison responded. "Keep going."

Wyatt moved the cards to the side and flipped the page, revealing a birth certificate. "It's damaged, but it looks like the first name starts with a W, so W. Dale Wells?"

"Yeah." Addison nodded. "We had a bad leak in our roof a few years back. A lot of stuff in our attic got damaged. But look at who the parents are."

"Parents, Missy and Dale Wells." Wyatt read. "Aren't they your parents?"

Addison nodded. "I always thought I was an only child, but I'm not. I have a twin brother."

"That's amazing Addison, but why are you telling me?" Wyatt asked, completely oblivious to what she was trying to get him to realize for himself.

Addison took a deep breath as she took his hands in hers. "The journals didn't tell us where to find the new moonstone, but they did reveal something else. My great grandmother was a werewolf, my grandfather was part wolf, my mother is part wolf, I'm part wolf, but when my brother was blessed by the moonstone he became a full wolf. That's why my parents decided to leave him outside the wolf den, because they were afraid of what everyone would think if they knew the truth."

Wyatt stared at Addison in disbelief. Slowly, his eyes wandered down to the birth certificate before moving back up to meet her gaze. "Are you saying 'W' stands for Wyatt? That I'm your brother?"

Addison nodded. "Yes, my parents confirmed it. They told us everything. I understand if you're hurt or angry and don't want me around but I figured after all this time you deserved to know the truth."

Addison prepared herself for rejection, to be told that he wanted nothing to do with her. She wouldn't blame him, he had been cast out while she had been kept. Instead, she was surprised when he pulled her into a hug, holding her tightly as if she might disappear at any moment.

"I have a sister." Wyatt laughed, his voice cracking. "Remember when you first came to the den and I told you I felt a vibe when you were close to me? It makes sense now. A part of me always knew you were more than just a girl we spotted in the forest. All this time, I was looking at my sister."

"And I, my brother." Addison whispered, returning the embrace. "I'm so sorry mom and dad sent you away. I wish we could have grown up together. Wolf or not, you will always be their son, my brother."

Wyatt shook his head, pulling away to meet her gaze. "Hey, the past is the past. We're together now, that's all that matters. So what if mom and dad can't accept me? You do, and that's more than I could ever ask for."

Addison nodded. "I'm glad. But I'm grateful you had the pack to take care of you. It's good to know that at least you were never alone."

Wyatt nodded as he stared down at the baby book, running a hand over its cover. "Do you think mom and dad would ever want to meet me?"

"I think so." Addison replied. "From what I could tell, they hold a lot of regret. I think bringing our family together wouldn't be such a bad thing."

Wyatt nodded, her words giving him a little bit of hope. "Good to know. Why don't we go back inside now? We still have work to do."

Addison nodded and the two made their way back inside. Wyatt looked at the baby book before tapping her shoulder. "Hey can I keep this?"

Addison nodded. "Of course."

"So how did it go?" Zed interrupted.

"It went better than I expected." Addison smiled. "Wyatt is definately happy to have answers."

"That's great." Zed replied. "We've been looking at the old cave paintings to see if they can help us."

Addison nodded and followed him to where Eliza was talking with Willa and her mother.

"So the werewolves discovered the first moonstone in the forest nearby?" Eliza asked.

"Correct." Willa's mother replied. "The old stories state that they saw a blue light shining through the trees while out on a hunt. They followed the light and discovered a large hole in the ground. At its center, was the moonstone. Together, the pack carried the moonstone home and carved the first necklaces. They found the power from the necklaces enhanced their natural abilities and gave them energy. From that moment on, the moonstone became our prized possession."

Addison walked over and studied the drawings on the den wall, showing the story of the moonstone. When she got to the image of the werewolves discovering the stone, she stopped.

"What is it?" Zed asked, noticing her pause.

"Look." Addison replied, tracing her finger across the wall, tracing a line that extended across the wall and stopped at the trees painted behind the moonstone. She traced the line once more, then her eyes lit up as she pointed to the hole. "It's not a hole, it's a crater!"

"What?" Eliza and Zed asked, coming over to look.

"I think this line represents a path through the sky." Addison explained. "They saw the light through the trees as the moonstone fell from the sky. Meaning, the hole is actually a crater created by the moonstone crashing into the forest!"

Eliza's eyes lit up. "Addison that's it! You're a genius!"

"I am?" Addison asked in surprise as Eliza rushed back to her laptop.

"Yes!" Eliza cried. "We've been looking at this all wrong. We've been looking to the earth when we should have been looking to the sky!  It's been under our noses this whole time!"

Everyone gathered around Eliza as she typed away on her computer. "We know moonstones can disrupt electronics. The night of Prawn after we all went home, reports of a meteor falling from the sky were reported. During that same time, electronics started going haywire. Remember Zed? Our Z-bands were even glitching!"

"Yeah, I remember." Zed replied, his eyes widening. "And it stopped as fast as it started."

"I woke up to my alarm clock going haywire." Addison added. "I thought I had just set it wrong or something, but when I checked it everything was the way it was supposed to be. I thought it was wierd."

Eliza grinned widely. "I'm willing to bet that meteor was a moonstone and if we can track it, we'll be able to find it and save the wolves."

Author's Note

This chapter ended up being pretty long. Hope you guys are enjoying the story! Also Happy Birthday to my little sister Jedigirl135 ! I love you!

                -Meloetta246