Chapter 23 ~ Speed Racer

Zacznij od początku

"Alright fine," I smirk at him. I shove his shoulder playfully and he smiles back. "Now to find out if Ultron is behind this or not."

"Should we call in the rest of the Avengers?" Roy asks.

"No, I can handle this. Plus we don't really know if Ultron is behind it just yet." I tell him.

As soon as I finish that sentence I hear a blast go off and a sharp pain hits the back of my right calf, causing me to yelp in pain and my leg to give out. Roy catches me and we both look to see what hit me.

"FUCK!" I yell out, clutching my leg in pain. We see Ultron bots coming towards us and they charge up their repulsors again. Roy helps me up and puts my arm around his shoulder as we run away from the Ultron bots.

"Still think you can handle this?" Roy asks sarcastically.

"Alright we'll call them," I say as the bots shoot at us, barely missing us too. "As soon as we get away from these guys." I look behind us and aim my repulsors at them and start shooting.

We turn a corner and Roy hits the fire alarm. Kids and teachers start bustling out of the classrooms and we get lost in the crowd, making it hard for the Ultron bots to find us. Roy takes us to the science lab. He bursts through the doors and sets me down against the wall before going back to close the door and locking it.

He turns to me. "Call them."

"I'm calling, I'm calling," I say.

I get my phone out and am about to call Dad, but we hear footsteps in the hallway. We both freeze, not making any sudden movements or sounds. We see a shadow of a bot passing the door. When it passes Roy and I let out a sigh of relief. Roy looks to me and nods his head as he gets up from his crouched position to look around the classroom. I press the call button on my phone. It rings twice before Dad answers.

"(Y/n)? Is something wrong?" His concerned voice comes over the phone. The phone starts crackling.

"Dad! It's Ultron!" I say in a hushed whisper. "He's—" Before I can finish, a bot smashes the glass window on the door and puts its hand through to open the door for itself. "Shit!" I say as it takes aim and fires, but I move my head out of the way, letting out a shriek as I do. Roy runs over swinging a baseball bat and hits the bot in its head, decapitating it.

"We gotta go!" Roy says as he drops the bat and runs over to help me stand up. He puts my arm around his shoulder again.

"No shit Sherlock!" I yell as we walk out of the room. "Get the other Avengers to the school now!" I say the rest of the message into the phone but when I look at it the screen is black with a cartoon of Ultron's laughing face on it.

'Oh I sure hope they got the message.' I thought as I put my phone away.

Steve's POV

"Last night I had the strangest dream

I sailed away to China

In a little rowboat to find ya"

The team and I are looking through boxes for anything we can find on Strucker since Ultron erased every digital thing we had on him. Clint, of course, wanted to listen to music and picked this song.

"Ain't nothin' gonna break-a my stride

Nobody gonna slow me down, oh no

I got to keep on movin'"

My phone then starts ringing. I pull it out and look at the caller ID to see it's (Y/n). She wouldn't call me during school so I automatically assume something is wrong.