Chapter 23 ~ Speed Racer

Start from the beginning

Clint mutters something under his breath a little too loud. "Well he wouldn't be having this conversation if you didn't create a murder bot."

"It's not a murder bot!" Tony says, defensively.

"The damn thing wants us dead and you're saying its not a murder bot?!" Clint counters.

"It was designed to be a peacemaker!"

"Look how that turned out." Thor cuts in.

"How was I supposed to know Ultron was gonna turn out to be a murder bot!?" Tony yells.

Clint points at him. "Aha! So it is a murder bot!"

"This wouldn't have happened if you didn't mess with the scepter!" Thor argues.

"ALRIGHT, ENOUGH!" Dad yells before Tony could retort. He looks at me. "You're going to school and that's final!"

I sigh. There's no arguing with him now. His mind is already made up.

"Ugggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" I groan. I start walking slowly toward my room.

"You might want to speed it up or you're gonna be late!" Dad calls out.

I roll my eyes and use my speed to run to my room and grab my backpack and then run off to school.

I unpack and sit in homeroom on my phone as I wait for the school day to start. Roy comes in ten minutes later and snatches my phone from me.

"Hey! I was watching something!" I whine.

He chuckles and hands it back to me. "Come with me to my locker." He says.

"I don't feel like getting up." I groan and slouch in my seat.

"I have food."

"Let's go!" I jump up and walk with him to his locker.

The school day went by as it normally does...well unless you call the power going out during my third-period psychology class, normal.

Everybody starts freaking out and the teacher tries to calm them down.

"Relax guys, it's probably just a fuse." Mrs. Jarrett tells us. "I'm sure the power will be back on soon."

"Does that mean we get to go home early?" A kid asks.

'This can't be a normal power outage. Especially after my life was threatened by Ultron two days ago. I bet he's behind this.'

"No. Continue doing your work until further notice." Mrs. Jarrett says.

Me on the other hand, I use my speed to run out of the classroom unnoticed. I know something is up. I hold out my ring so my suit can come out, but I only grab my repulsors and put everything else back in the ring. I cautiously walk through the halls, holding my repulsors up just in case. I turn a corner and run into someone. My reaction is to charge up my repulsors, obviously, ready to blast any threat.

I look up to see Roy in front of me. He holds his hands up in surrender. "Don't shoot me!" He whisper-yells at me.

I lower my guard, but then my brain finally processes what's going on and so does his.

"What are you doing here?!" We both ask simultaneously.

"You first," Roy says, crossing his arms.

"Fine." I sigh. "Something's up. This can't be a normal power outage and I think Ultron is behind it. Now why are you out here?"

"Because I knew you would think that and want to face this by yourself. You really shouldn't and I'm coming with you no matter what you say." He stands his ground.