❖ chapter six: GORDON INVESTIGATIONS ❖

『 chapter vi: GORDON INVESTIGATIONS 』

chapter vi: GORDON INVESTIGATIONS 

Barbra Gordon was spinning her wheels

Barbra Gordon was spinning her wheels. Again. The katana had been a bust. There was no information that they could get off of it, though Bruce said he would keep trying. "I don't think he dropped it by accident." Bruce said. Barbra didn't think so either but if he hadn't then what was his endgame? 

Barbra sighed as she glanced out the window at the rain pelting the glass. It was another gloomy, cloudy day in Gotham and Barbra didn't know what do do with herself. She had already straightened out her office twice, not that there was a mess to begin with, it was just something to do, something to pass the time. Barbra pursed her lips as she put her legs up on her desk, careful to avoid the old fashioned landline phone as she did. Dick had laughed at Barbra when she told him she had a landline in her office. "What for?" He had said. "You have a cellphone. that would be a hell of a lot easier right?" He said. 

"I want to live out my old detective movie fantasy. Leave me alone." Barbra had joked. Dick had smirked, shaking his head at her but maybe he was right. A landline in her office was kind of dumb. She had a bit of trouble setting up the landline first of all, having to call Alfred to help her with it and now it just sat in her office collecting dust just like herself and the rest of her things. It was too late to change now though. The number for the landline was what was on her business cards.  Barbra dropped her head onto the back of her chair, more strands of her red hair falling out of the lazy braid she had made out of it. 

Just as she was beginning to wonder what she should grab for lunch, the phone on Barbra's desk rang. For a moment, the sound didn't register in Barbra's brain but when it rang again, Barbra picked her head up, looked at the phone and then quickly dropped her feet to the ground before taking a deep breath and reaching for the phone to answer it. "Gordon Investigations, how can I help?" Barbra said. 

"Are you in your office at the moment?" The voice was that of a man, sort of deep and even a bit familiar to Barbra. She wondered if he was someone she had met while handing out her business cards at one of her dads Policeman balls. 

"I am sir, how can I help." 

"I was just checking to make sure you were in. I would like to come up if I can."