Shock of a lifetime

****Rory's POV****

I stared at my reflection after I got off the phone with Andrew and I was shocked by what I saw, my eyes, they were dark and filled with emotion and not the usually hurt emotion, I looked...happy. Oh my, what is this boy doing to me, my phone ringing again interrupted my thoughts

'hello?'

'Rory!!!'

'Krista? what's wrong?'

'you haven't been to school in awhile, I was worried' she said softly

'I'm fine Kris, I'll be back on Monday'

'are you sure?'

'yea Krista, maybe we can hang out Friday night?'

'I would love, I got to go, the teacher just walked in, see you tomorrow' she hung up before I got to respond, I couldn't stop the pang of guilt that flowed through me, Krista has been a great friend to me since everything started going wrong, I should stop pushing her away, I'm not going to start hanging at her house everyday like before but maybe alot more often, maybe if I let her in, she'll stop being so wary with me and stop with the pity looks, I can only hope so, I will admit, I miss having my best girl friend.

Andrew showed up ten minutes after, so I grabbed my camera and hoodie and slipped out the house.

'hey' I said brightly, I saw a flash of surprise go through him but he didn't comment, he just smiled

'hey, anywhere in particular you want to go?' while he was talking I noticed his eyes, they looked so calm and peaceful, with hints of pain and guilt but it wasn't as overburdening as usual, I couldn't help but wish that I was the one that did that for him.

'not really, where ever is fine with me'

'great, well we can stop by Petunia's for lunch and then head out from there since our last meeting ended to quickly' I blushed and cursed mentally, he makes me blush so much, its annoying especially when he sees me, like now, I look out the window so I won't have to see his smirking face.

'oh here' he handed me a file and I looked up at him confused

'I got this from my mom, she doesn't know I gave you, it's your file but don't worry I haven't read it'

I nodded and took the file from his hand and placed it on my lap, bracing myself to open it, I think I acted on instinct, I grabbed Andrew's hand and used my other hand to open the file, I don't why but Andrew calmed me, I was a little worried about what his mother really did find before I even managed to read the file I was awestruck by how my hand felt in his, my small hand enclosed in his when he readjusted it, it felt, I dare say perfect, I shook my head I'll cross that bridge when I get there, for now lets just read the file.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I started reading through the file, nothing out of the ordinary and no news of Christopher, that's good, I made sure that whenever someone does dirt on me that they don't put him in the information and nor do they mention my sixteenth birthday till now, so basically if anyone does research on me, it'll be like I'm dead.

'is it ok?'

'yup perfect, nothing weird, its all true' he laughed

'we both know that you have a brother and he's not in that'

'he's unimportant' we sat in a comfortable silence until we reached Petunia's, I feel bad for how we met the first time so lets hope I make a better impression.

'hey Nia!'

'Dreww, it's nice to see you again and you brought your cute friend again'

'hi' I said shyly