Bonding with the bestie

Rory: 

I nodded my head slightly to the beat pounding through my ears as I lifted my hand to tug the hood further down my face as I made my way towards my locker on Monday morning. Where did my weekend go I wondered briefly, I woke up late Saturday morning so I couldn't go to the cemetery, but I ended up just driving around taking pictures not making it to the cemetery till late at night but that's ok, the silence and eerie feeling that surrounded the graveyard at that time was very much comforting and well appreciated. I'm semi-surprised that Andrew didn't show up at some point in time on Sunday but I guess after Friday's dinner, he decided to give me space but I had a feeling I would see him today.

"Hey Rory"  

I looked up from behind my locker to see Krista, Krista reminds me alot of how I use to be and now we're complete opposites, she's got those baby blue eyes and blonde hair, the makings of your typical popular girl but she lost all of that when she chose to stick by my side, she didn't have to but it was her choice so who am I to object.  

"Hey"  

I finally replied, she looked down from my gaze to stare at the ground and I noticed people around us giving her weird glances  

"Wanna come over later?"  

this was typical Krista, she was always trying to get me to revert to my old ways but of course it never worked, I didn't go over to her house as often anymore, I knew she was worried that I would relapse but I'm stronger than before, since I started talking to my parents, I haven't relapsed. I haven't even thought about it and its not something I like to talk about. I subconsciously rubbed the scars under my tattoo as Krista stared at my finger movements warily.  

"Sure, I'll come over" her head snapped up so fast, I could have sworn she got whiplash,  

"Seriously???" she said looking at me in disbelief  

"Yea, I haven't been over in awhile"  

I looked up when the first bell rang 

"I'll see you later Kris"  

I walked off to home room before she could reply. I plugged back in my headphones to block out the snide comments everyone else made and got lost in my own world, just because these people don't talk to me to my face doesn't me they don't talk about me behind my back. I've grown to not care.

Taking my seat at the back of the class I began wondering what Andrew does, if he's in college or if he immediately got a job in his father's company, I curse myself quietly for caring so much and being so curious. I don't know him and I don't want too, I almost snorted out loud at how fake that sounded in my head, he fascinates me, it's not everyday you meet someone who can understand what you're going through.

Sometimes I wonder why Sophie still makes me go to school as I made my way, everyday just seems pointless, don't get me wrong, I'm not like those kids who don't care about my education, it's quite the opposite, when I 'changed' I started studying more, since it seemed I had more free time instead of going out with Krista and my old friends I lost myself to my studies, I'm not so absorbed in it today but I keep my grades up. A car horn interrupted my train of thoughts,  

"Rory? where are you going?"  

"Home, what do you want?"  

"Wanna hang out?"  

"No"  

I quickened my pace, knowing it's impossible to outrun a car.  

"Hey wait up, wanna lift home?"  

I sighed heavily and turned to Andrew  

"No"  

I think we both knew I was only refusing just to spite him and if I wasn't going to Krista's I still would have said no but I felt bad when I noticed his downtrodden expression,  

"Maybe tomorrow Andrew?"  

I offered and it was totally worth it, seeing his face light up in happiness, that faded very quickly from his eyes,  

"Can I pick you up after school tomorrow?"  

I bent my head as I felt my cheeks warming from his suggestion, I was surprised at his suggestion and my reaction, he made me blush, the first in a year, 

"Uhh s-sure, t-that would be n-nice"  

I swore mentally for stuttering, I looked up to find him smirking at me, then he turned serious,  

"Rory, I'm sorry about Friday, I didn't mean for it to sound offensive, I understand that it's hard to express your feelings and I didn't mean for it to hurt you, believe me, I know how hard being expressive is and when you read me so easily, I guess I don't know...."  

"Andrew you're rambling"  

I stated with a bemused look on my face and snickered softly when his ears and cheeks tinted pink, 

"I'll see you tomorrow" 

"Bye Rory"  

I just nodded and kept on walking, instead of stopping at home I went straight to Krista's house, she drove home as soon as school was over instead of taking me she leaves me to walk there because she knows how much I enjoy that time to myself, she only lives a couple houses down from mines so its no big deal.

Krista and her older brother Matthew are standing in her driveway arguing when I arrived, Matt spots me first and I look away after I see the pity in his eyes.  

"Rory! I wasn't sure if you were still coming" 

"Why wouldn't I still come?" 

"Hey Lorelei!!!"  

I turned to Matt, smirking when he flinced slightly when we locked eyes again. 

"Matthew"  

I said flatly acknowledging his presence,  

"How's it going?" 

"Fine"  

"How's your aunt?"  

"Busy"  

"Matt!!! leave her alone, come on Rory"  

Krista pulled me into her house and into her room, which consisted of alot of pinks, I instantly felt queasy looking at it.  

"Why is your brother home?"  

I asked her,  

"Mom's gone for two weeks so she asked him to babysit me!!! can you believe it?"  

I nodded, Krista's mom was super protective of her, I guess it's because she's the only girl in a family of five, that's right she has three older brothers plus herself and her mom, that's five, her dad left them when Krista was five around the time when we first met.  

"What do you wanna do Rors"  

I grimaced at that name,  

"Umm anything really, wanna watch a movie?"  

her eyes light up, I guess its movie marathon night.

"Sophie I'm home!"  

I said when I walked through the door three hours later  

"You hungry?"  

"No, I ate at Krista's"  

she showed up at the corner of the hallway, her eyes lit up in surprise and happiness and relief? I mentally scowled at that last expression. 

"You haven't been there in awhile"  

"Yup, I am aware"  

I walked up to my room and went to my laptop, my facebook opened and with it a new friend request from the one and only Andrew Foster, this guy really is determined to be friends, I wondered what did he do with his time but as curious as I was I wasn't going to facebook stalk him, I guess tomorrow all my questions would be answered. Turning off my laptop, I plugged in my ipod to its home and pressed shuffle as I began sticking pictures on my wall for the rest of the night.

**************************

kinda boring chapter but it'll pick up from next chapter which will be in Andrew's pov

till next time :)