Chapter 4 ~ Hello Alola!

Start from the beginning

In amazement, the Pokémon looked around, clearly confused as to where they were. Serena hurried to explain. "Okay, everyone. We're in Alola on vacation now!"

The Pokémon looked at her for a moment and then let out a series of happy cries. Serena smiled at them and then realized that they were still standing in front of the airport's main doors. People looked at them a bit confused as they walked past Serena and the Pokémon, and Serena decided it was time for them to continue their journey and look somewhere to stay.

After a while, they walked down the street, Serena's gaze on her tablet. She had let her Pokémon stay out of their Pokéballs so they could enjoy themselves here, and now they were watching everything in their wonders and delights. At times, they greeted the oncoming Pokemons with cheerful cries and other Pokémon responded equally cheerfully.

Serena smiled at her Pokémon and focused again on her tablet. There was a Pokemon Center nearby where she had decided to stay and she wanted to make sure she didn't get lost on the way. Fortunately, she had a map with her.

Serena's gaze was so nailed to the tablet that she didn't notice the oncoming girl until it was too late. She and the girl collided with each other and flew from the force of the collision to the ground.

Serena's grip fell on the tablet, which also flew to the ground, but fortunately did not break. Serena rubbed her hand, which had received a collision with the ground as she crashed, and which now hurt a little, and looked up at the girl she had encountered.

She had long, green hair that she had put on two ponytails and a headband with a red flower. She wore gray-blue overalls that reached up to her thighs and a pink top underneath them. She also had green sneakers on her feet and beside her was a strange-looking creature, no doubt Pokemon, that looked like a big pink berry.

Serena quickly unearthed her Pokedex, pointing it to a pink Pokémon, but to her surprise get an answer only "No Data", and she turned Pokedex off and then, after a moment's hesitation, handed the girl a hand to get her up.

The girl looked at her hand for a moment, smiled, and grabbed it, letting Serena pull herself up. Once the girl had returned to standing, Serena immediately began apologizing for her collision and clumsiness.

"I'm so sorry, I should have been regarded as ethylene, not only spent watching the tablet, and now, of course, your clothes are dirty because of me and..." Serena said quickly, but the girl interupped her waving her hand.

"No problem, I should have looked in front of me too, but I was in a hurry and was in my thoughts, so I didn't look, but it didn't matter because neither was hurt and neither did Pokémon, so now it wasn't bad either, but now I have to go, I'm in a hurry, you see my dad is waiting for me, so bye!" and having said that, she snatched the pink Pokemon in her lap and ran away.

Serena stared at her mouth slightly open and her strong Déjà vu feeling inside. It had been almost the same with May, though she had also made friends with May, but this girl had just run away.

Serena hadn't even had time to ask for her name! The girl had said she was in a hurry, but Serena guess nobody was in such a hurry to say her name?

Serena shook her head, took her tablet from the ground, and sighed lightly. Then she smiled at her Pokémon, who responded with happy cries, and headed for the Pokemon Center with her Pokemon.

a moment later...

Serena stood in the lobby of the Pokemon Center and looked around. The lobby was empty except for the little, light-blue-haired girl who was reading a book with her Pichu on the couch, and an interesting-looking Pokémon who hovered over her.

Serena realized that a long part of Pokémon's body consisted of twine with flowers of many colors. The Pokémon head itself could hardly be distinguished because it was so well-suited to the flowers. Serena again dug up her Pokedex and pointed it at Pokémon, but the answer was again "No Data". She sighed and put her Pokedex back in her bag.

"Alola, you may already meet Comfey," the voice heard, and Serena turned her eyes to see who had the voice. Nurse Joy stood behind her counter and smiled happily at her. Serena walked up to her and a Pokémon called Comfey hovered behind her.

"Comfey?" Serena asked, referring to a flower wreath-looking Pokémon. "Yes, here at Alola they help at Pokemon Centers. They spread a good scent that relaxes the mind and helps in healing," Nurse Joy explained, and Comfey hovered over her.

She gently looked at Pokémon and turned to Serena again. "Oh, I was rude. How can I help?" she asked with a cheerful smile. Serena smiled at her before answering.

"I'd like a room to stay for a while," she told Nurse Joy, who nodded. "Yes, it works, there are many rooms available," she said, then gave Serena the key to one of the rooms. "At the end of the corridor and to the left," she instructed. Serena took the key and thanked her.

"Was there anything else?" Nurse Joy asked and smiled again. "Actually, yes," Serena replied. "Could my Pokedex also update the Pokémon you see here in Alola? It doesn't seem to recognize Pokémon here now."

Nurse Joy smiled and said, "Yes it is possible, just use your Pokedex on this screen and the computer will do the rest."

Serena did as she was told and put her Pokedex on the screen. A beeping sound was heard and soon Nurse Joy said Serena could take her Pokedex off.

"Now try to point it to Comfey," she said, and Serena pointed her Pokedex towards Comfey. Now a picture of Comfey appeared on the screen and a robotic female voice said:

"Comfey, Posy Picker Pokemon. Fairy- type. Comfey attaches flowers to its highly nutritious vine. This revitalizes the flowers, and they give off an aromatic scent."

Serena put her Pokedex back in her bag and thanked Nurse Joy for her help. Then she and her Pokémon headed for their room.

Serena opened the door of her room and looked around. The room was small but cozy looking and had a bed, a small bedside table, an armchair and a door that Serena thought would lead to the bathroom.

She stepped in and closed the door behind her. She put her bag in the armchair and then collapsed on the bed. Her Pokémon also jumped on the bed and Serena looked at them with a smile.

The first day at Alola was coming to an end and Serena knew many were ahead. She felt something significant would happen on this vacation, but she couldn't say what.

She turned her head slightly and saw from the window on the room wall that the sun was setting. It was somehow even more beautiful sight than at home in Kalos and Serena smiled. She knew she would see those same sunsets many, many more times.

Serena stood up and decided to take a shower. She washed and then changed into a nightgown. When she came out of the bathroom, she noticed that the sun had now set completely and it was dark outside.

It was quite dark in her room too, for she hadn't turned on any lights, because the light from the window was enough. She also noticed that her Pokémon had fallen asleep on the bed, and Serena had no heart to wake them up. Instead, she gently leaned over the blanket and whispered a good night to each of his Pokémon. Then she pressed her head against the pillow, and before falling asleep, whispered into the darkness:

"Good night Ash, wherever you are"