a life and death situation - noriaki kakyoin 🍒

a/n: another kakyoin drabble! i truly love this man okay i just think he's neat

contains: PART 3: STARDUST CRUSADERS SPOILERS, mention of blood

Y/N - your name
L/N - last name
F/C - favorite color

༻᯽༺

It all happened in the blink of an eye.

Seeing Y/N become so devastated at the sight of Kakyoin being pummeled by the terrifying Dio, only to crash against a water tower was quite heartbreaking.

"Kakyoin!" She and Joseph Joestar cried out. The leakage getting worse as time goes. As long as the vampire was distracted by his triumph, the girl highly jumped from one building to another, rushing to the redhead's limp body.

No... No, this can't be happening.... Not now...

Once his body was carefully put down, she carefully cradled him like a fragile porcelain doll. Never-ending tears start streaming down her face, and onto his. "Kakyoin... All of this happened so fast and it..." Her hand reached for his cheek and sniffled. "...it pains me to see you like this..." He then began, "Y-Y/N.. Dio's.... [The World]... Stops time.... Please... Tell Mr. Joestar... A-and the others.."

L/N's eyes widen, realizing that his 20-meter radius Emerald Splash wasn't deflected, but rather got cheated on.

"I... love you.. I'm sorry t-that... I didn't say it s-sooner.."

Her heart dropped.

In desperation, one of her hands held pressure on his large wound, the other not leaving from his face.

"N-no... No, you're not dying here! Kakyoin, stay with me, dammit!" She pulled the boy closer in her arms with little hope. "I love you too, i-idiot! D-don't... Don't die just yet!" She yelped with a shaky voice, still in denial while planting a kiss on his forehead.

And right after that, was Noriaki Kakyoin's last breath.

...Or so at least she thought.

Suddenly, life bursts inside him, it wasn't quite noticeable but the kiss somehow resembled something.

The wound isn't there anymore.

Y/N was too blinded by grief along with anger, too blinded that she didn't realize she healed him.

Her stand fully awakened.

With a deadly glare impaling through Dio, who was busy belittling Joseph, she growled, "You..." and laid down Kakyoin carefully. She stood up confidently, ready to take the vampire down.

"I won't let you get away with this, asshole!" L/N leapt forward and made her first move by an uppercut with her stand. The punch landed as he was caught off guard and crashed on the ground, she was now floating.

A presence was with her, and its appearance was a humanoid with F/C colored skin. The spirit had long hair, wearing a flower crown. It looked like a Greek goddess. This entity is alongside with L/N.

It was her stand indeed. And it finally decided to reveal itself.

"Mr. Joestar, let's rearrange our position!"
"Right," He began swinging with his [Hermit Purple], building to building as she was carried by her stand. "Dio's [The World] works by stopping time... Noriaki died figuring out how..."

After within a few hours of battling endless struggles, with Joseph dead and Polnareff unconscious, Jotaro did his best to play dead as cautious as possible. Y/N, however, had a chance against Dio. Continuous punches being thrown left and right, even with a bit of her stand's projectile attacks landing against the blonde, she still managed to cut open a few wounds. Determined and furious to fight, she's done enough damage to the enemy and yet her injuries are mostly fatal.

One left hook from [The World] slipped in, unfortunately.

The attack sent her flying towards a restaurant's window, leaving her to lose her consciousness as her vision blurred and her ears ringed. Before Dio was about to behead the girl, Jotaro decides to take advantage of him with distraction.

༻᯽༺

Finally, the blonde was defeated, and every crusader was rescued by the Speedwagon Foundation. Jotaro was with Joseph's body, Polnareff was by himself. The three were inside an ambulance.

As for Y/N, an arrangement was settled by Kujo to retrieve her and Kakyoin in one vehicle. He wanted to make sure the two of them weren't separated, and that he knew either of them would be panicking if they don't find each other together.

With the help of the doctors of SWF, she wakes up from all the chaos she had dealt with.

"We're getting signs of activity over here!"

The interior's lighting blinded her eyes as it was trying to adjust its view.

"Ms. L/N, how are you feeling?" One of the doctors asked. She hesitated for a moment before replying, "I seem to be fine..." her gaze focused on her injured hand, the one that she tried to punch Dio with. She brought it up to her lips and made contact, the pain immediately disappearing except for the blood. She stared at it again in confusion, but her train of thought was eradicated as soon as someone said something else.

"Hey... He's uninjured but blood pooled all over his clothes." A nurse pointed out, along with two other doctors analyzing the redhead.
Y/N's head snapped to look to her other side, seeing the light of her life, as her face depicts worry. "Was... Was I too late...?" She mumbled, approaching Kakyoin's bed slowly. "Miss? What do you mean?" A staff member questioned. The girl only noticed that she already had a stand the moment when he was dying. But she still pondered in her thoughts that she didn't get to heal him in time.
Her hand caressed his cheek again, and this time, the heart monitor started beeping in a sequence. Everyone in the vehicle widened their eyes at the response.

"Y... Y/N..?" Noriaki whispers as his lavender eyes shone through, causing her to cry joyful tears and covered her mouth. She carefully hugged him, never wanting to let go. "I thought I lost you," She sniffled, yet she was comforted by him saying, "And thank God you didn't. Your stand... It's amazing." He smiled though, out of relief. He decided to give her thanks by a kiss on the lips. This was a lot to take in for L/N, and she was gladly capable to accept it. The contact lasted fairly long enough, and they decided to top it all off by declaring their love for each other.
Looking from the rear mirror above, the SWF driver enabled the radio and spoke through, "Noriaki Kakyoin has shown signs of activity. He has gained consciousness, over."

༻᯽༺

Since the incident in Egypt, 5 weeks had passed and everyone got back to their daily lives. Polnareff went back to his home land, Joseph would be staying for a while to spend time with the Kujo residence, lastly - Y/N, Kakyoin and Jotaro are returning to focus on their studies.

How they also wished for Avdol and Iggy to hold on longer.

But those events had shaped the crusaders into what they're now these days. Their bond became stronger, and so as their stand's capabilities.

One night, Y/N and Kakyoin found themselves to be outside, stargazing. It was a good activity as a form of relaxation. Their hands were kept intertwined.

"I won't let anything wrong get in our way. I promise." His free hand cradled her cheek, causing her to make eye contact with him. She smiles, "Well, I promise that too. Gotta look after each other, you know?" and he laughed in response. He then closed the gap between them with a gentle, passionate kiss. They both hummed contently after.

"It's a good thing I saved you sooner back then. You're quite a charm, don't you know that?"

-