"That was 1995," Rossi recalled. "It could be a 20th-anniversary event."

"We'll find out," Hotch stated as he opened the doors and made his way to the elevators where a brunette that seemed familiar to Spencer stood. "Everyone, this is Dr. Alethea Gonzales. She assisted Homeland Security in a domestic terrorist attack a couple of years ago, and she'll be assisting us in this case."

Rossi nodded. "I remembered that. They said they wouldn't have been able to find which clinic had the bomb without your assistance."

"We'll make formal introductions on the plane," Hotch said.

As Alethea followed closely behind Hotch, Spencer quickened his pace to walk beside her.

"Hey," Spencer smiled.

Alethea looked up, her face brightening at the sight of Spencer. "Dr. Spencer Reid. Who would've thought we would meet outside of that little coffee shop?"

"How'd you figure out about this case?"

"Oh, I received a call from your section chief who wanted me to assist," Alethea replied. "Hope you don't mind working alongside me."

"Of course not," Spencer grinned. "Quite the opposite actually. I think it'd be a learning experience to watch you work."

"Great," Aletha gleamed. "We'll talk more on the plane."

As Alethea walked ahead, Derek picked up his pace to walk alongside Spencer. 

"Now, now, now, pretty boy," Derek teased in a whisper. "How do you know Dr. Gonzales?"

Spencer rolled his eyes at his friend. "I went to one of her seminars over the weekend. We talked a lot about micro facial expressions over a cup of coffee."

"Like a date?"

"More like a meet up to discuss a topic she is well informed in," Spencer stated, attempting to quiet an intrigued Derek. 

"Sounds like a date," Derek countered.

"Last time I checked, we're in a hurry to get to this possible domestic terrorist attack," Spencer reminded, shutting down any more of their teasing. 

Derek snickered as the two hurried on to the jet.

═══════════════════════════

                    "OH, CRIME FIGHTERS, I JUST GOT confirmation from the L.A. field office that traces of Sarin was found," Penelope announced through video chat. 

"Sarin is the most volatile nerve agent there is," Spencer informed. "Symptoms are felt within seconds. Watery eyes, foaming at the nose and mouth, and convulsions, paralysis, and death within minutes."

Alethea was impressed. She had known that Spencer was a genius, but he seemed to always hold back when it was just the two of them. It was nice to see him let go.

Tara added on. "The last known use of Sarin was two years ago in Syria, near Damascus."

"We had recent threats of terrorism targeting major U.S. cities," Derek stated. 

"A good amount of those threats are extremists who are all bark and no bite," Alethea chimed. "It's often a tactic for their groups to gain attention, which can be seen in the way they write their threats."

"Well, the religious cult responsible for the Tokyo subway attack twenty years ago is also still active," Rossi apprised. 

As the team discussed the possibilities of how the religious cult was responsible, Tara asked about the casualties.