Chapter 23 | History Beyond

Start from the beginning

"I have my sources. So, after seeing what might be the biggest collection from an ancient world my museum might offer, will you promoting this museum? Trust me, the grand opening will be something you never imagine before. From a forgotten royal family, to an ancient warrior who was betrayed by his own wife. It will blow your mind." The man suddenly laughed at my way of persuading him.

"Alright, I hate to say this but I am intrigued to be working with you. I hope you do have something that will blow everyone's mind. But truthfully, after seeing one that might become headlines, I am hopeful." He smiled.

"Oh it will. Trust me. Hotep, if you would please show the curator way out." Hotep nods and lead the curator towards the door. I for one, would like to walk around the warehouse for a little bit. This is after all, my very own history.

"How did it go?" It was Lacrimosa.

"It went well, I supposed. After we got the media scoop and his contribution to higher society, I guess it's all set and done. Now I have hope that our worker who suppose to make everything ready is doing their job." As I said that, I open the door that leads to where the experts are doing their job.

But instead of doing what I thought they did, they were laughing and talking with each other animatedly while eating something wrapped in plastic. It seems that they are talking about their trip to the underworld with the other humans.

"I expect you have reasons for your action. We have no less than a week for the opening. But here you are, jibber jabber about your experience to the underworld. Please, enlighten me with your reasons." They didn't expect me to be here.

"We thought ... that we might have a moment to ... eat." Miss Kensington started her reason. Lacrimosa place a hand on my shoulder.

"Oh yes. Humans need to eat. After your meal, I want Miss Kensington and Miss Waters to follow us into the loading dock. I think our parcel from a friend of Lacrimosa just arrived." Because I heard a distinct scream from the groundskeeper. That only means one thing.

They saw Saturio with Lacrimosa's crate.

***

"Saturio. How was your trip here?" Lacrimosa smiled at her brother.

"It was a little bumpy but I can manage. Transform into a dragon really helps." Even for a half blood, he can use almost all of the demon lord's traits. I am impressed.

"Is this the crate? What is inside?" I asked as Lacrimosa went to the crate and open it.

"Something I think will bring your museum more visitors. It's a rare item I obtained while I was travelling to Africa and several other country." I was surprised to see that some of the stuff Saturio had brought contain a sense of black magic. It's faint but I can feel them.

"Is that, voodoo dolls?" Miss Kensington was intrigued to hold the piece but Saturio immediately grabbed her by the hand.

"I don't think it's wise for humans to hold them with your bare hands. Unlike us, you have no powers to ward against evil beings. I mean, we are the evil beings." I laughed at Saturio's attempt to explain to Miss Kensington.

"What he means was if you hold the doll with your hands, you might invite the spirits that reside inside the doll to haunt you. Voodoo dolls was use by black magic practitioner to either bind their victim or to replace someone's soul. To trap them within the doll." I have my own fair share of dealing with enemies who use this method to defeat me.

"How did you manage to get it? It's faint but I can sense such power resonating in this doll." Lacrimosa smiled.

"Well, for starter, I was in Africa to learn black magic. A friend of mine, who's aunt was a witch told me that I have potential to become a powerful witch. Of course they didn't know that I am a devil. This doll was a gift from that aunt." For someone to giveaway such powerful tool of magic is rare.

"Embellished baby corpse." Lacrimosa proudly held up the item with her hands. This time Miss Waters was intrigued.

"A Kuman Thong?! This is my first seeing a real one. I only read about them in books. This particular item originally from Thailand." Lacrimosa nods.

"It was used to ward off evil spirits from someone's house. Of course it does work for low ranking evil spirits. I took this from someone's house after stalking the owner for several years. What? He was cute. Don't judge me." I can't believe what I'm hearing.

"So what happened to the guy?" I asked.

"He died of old age." I raised my eyebrows. By several years did she mean until he died?! Oh my. Lacrimosa placed the baby corpse on the table and went to the crate yet again.

"The real devil's book." Now both of them intrigued.

"The real deal? I have a few questions about this book. Is it true that a monk that sold his soul to the devil who created this book?" Saturio laughed and so does Lacrimosa.

"No. The monk stole the book from the devil and claimed it to be his. The creature who responsible for this remarkable book was Lucifer himself. He is he very epitome of evil but truth be told, he is such a gentleman who likes the art and literature. There is a whole library of his work in the underworld. Don't get me work, he is bad but there is good in him too. He was once the God's favourite after all." Lacrimosa explained.

"What is this book about?" Miss Kensington asked.

"A love story far better than anything written before. It's about Lucifer and his former lover Octavia, the archangel love story. It was brief but it changed his life. He written many tales but no one but the demons sees how great he is. For others, he is nothing but a devil who wish for destruction. For us, this particular book explains it all. His love for Octavia was pure but the whole world against their matrimony." Lacrimosa seems ... hurt.

"But from that union, Rose Hardia was born. She is the epitome of hybrids. The strongest of them all. She was the keeper of both gates.Now, her descendent guard's the gate but not one of them can compete with Rose." Saturio showed his admiration to the great Rose.

I met her once in one of many Akeldama's ball. She was truly an epitome of power. I admit that if I had to brawl with that creature, it would be quite a defeat. She is skilled, powerful and most importantly a fighter.

"What do you think? Can we include this in the exhibition?" I asked the humans.

"Yes! Absolutely. We can create a new corner for ancient beliefs. Most museum exclude this but I think we can add more spice to the exhibition. As long as it's safe." I turned to Saturio.

"Say, boy. Would you like to work for me? You can help these humans. Almost all of the items in this museum is curse. You can help them by preventing anything bad happens to them." Saturio didn't take long to accept my offer.

"Does this mean I can hang out with Miss Evangeline?" Is that why? I chuckles.

"Of course. But if you cause any trouble in my land, I won't hesitate to kill you. These humans are vital to my success. If you screw it up, I don't need Lacrimosa's permission to end your life. Do you understand me?" Saturio full down the huge lumps in his throat before nodding his head.

"Good. Now, get to work." I watched as he follows the humans while carrying the huge crate.

"Something bothering you, Imperia?" I shake my head no.

"It's just that ... I'm curious to why my brother hasn't make any move against me. Baracus is known to be the type to get his nose into everywhere. It's been days since we came back from the underworld. Until now, he haven't make his move yet." I'm worried he might ruin the grand opening.

"He has lost everything. Maybe that's why he has become powerless." That's not true. He has a lot of connection. Or maybe it's true. Whatever it is ... I will not let it happen.