iv. stay together

Start from the beginning

Aw, Shite.

I ran to them, ignoring my pledge. I need to see if he's okay.

"Martin, Come check this out," Patrick informed.

"Beatrice, get away from him," Martin said, walking toward us with the gun. I gulped.

"No, you can't. Can't we see if..." she asked, stumbling on her words.

"No, we can't. Step away."

I started to breathe fast; just like I did the day he shot the woman. Everything felt like it was in slow motion as Simone ran toward us. I closed my eyes and felt the breeze before doing the impossible.

"No," I said, stepping in front of the gun.

"Step aside," he said.

"I said no," my voice getting deeper and my eyes getting darker. (don't ask why she knows that... she just does)

"Move, or I'll fucking shoot both of you," he said, shoving the gun into my chest.

I glared at him directly in the eye. I was losing patience. The once calm winds started to pick up, blowing my long curls in the wind. I sneered at him while the gun started to shake.

"Look, I know you've had a grudge against me since day one. Most of you have and frankly, at this moment I could care less. Most of you are a bunch of assholes anyway. But I'll be damned if I'm about to let anyone hurt one of the only people left that I care about," I said, close to tears.

Beatrice stood in shock while the scene was unfolding before springing into action.

"Simone," I said, wanting her to take care of the boot situation.

"Beatrice, you've got gloves, right?" Simone said nervously, shocked at the scene playing out. She feared for her brother and the girl she now felt responsible for.

"Yeah"

"Take off his boot."

"Is his foot wet?"

"I don't know yet."

"It's too dangerous, Martin. Shoot him, before he infects us all," Patrick spoke up. I turned around, sending him a deathly glare. I'm pretty sure my eyes were full black now. He shut up just as quickly as he started talking.

Anticipation was building as Beatrice hurriedly took off his boot.

"No, it hasn't gone through"

Those words slightly calmed the spirit within me as I look back at Martin.

"For me, there's no one but him and her," I said, pointing to Ras and Simone.

"Don't ever do that again," I said firmly, my eyes returning to normal before tending to Ras.

"Hey, are you okay," I said, hugging him tight letting a tear fall. That was the scariest thing I've ever done.

"Yeah- yeah. Why did you do that? I thought you hated me now," he stuttered, still shaken up.

"Thank you, Kai. I really appreciate you sticking with us," Simone spoke.

"Of course, I'm sure you guys would have done the same for me. And Ras? I could never hate you," I smiled, grasping his hand.

Guess my plan failed. The best way to show you care about someone is: staying.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

The rest of the way to the bunker was silent, which wasn't surprising. I did insult most of them and call them assholes, which is rightfully so. Beatrice, even though I dislike her for.... reasons, is actually pretty friendly and caring. So is Lea though I've barely talked to her since she's been sick. Everyone else, though, stuck to the title.