59| Trust The Process

Start from the beginning

Bradley heard the sound of Rashad's truck pull into the driveway causing her eyes to roll. Bradley lifted both twins up and adjusted them so they could be facing her. "Please throw up on daddy," She requested of them only to receive silly smiles from them reacting to the screwed up expression that was etched on her face.

A few moments later, Bradley heard Rashad's car go off. Followed by that, the grumbles of the licks chimed indicating that he had entered the home. Bradley rolled her eyes at the sound of his footsteps nearing her and the twins.

Glancing up at him from the ground Bradley noticed that he had the same attire from last night on. Rashad didn't bother to even greet or say anything to Bradley, he just attempted to pick Blake up, but Bradley prevented him from doing so. "Go wash your hands," She instructed him while holding Blake and Jace tightly.

At the sight of their father, they both started to coo and hum small noises since they truly wanted attention from him. Rashad decided not to argue with Bradley about her pettiness since she was right. Clean hands were best for the twins.

Rashad turned on his heels and made his way towards the kitchen so he could wash his hands throughly. He could tell that Bradley was still highly upset and he couldn't blame her. Rashad was trying to avoid her for as much as she could, but he knew that wouldn't work out. After he got cleaned up, Mama kicked him out bright and early since she didn't like that Rashad scurried away from his issues instead of dealing with them head on with his soon to be wife.

After drying his hands, Rashad returned to the living room so he could spend some time with Blake and Jace. Picking both of the twins up from Bradley's grip, he kissed their cheeks causing their smiles that were only filled by their pink gums to occupy their faces. "I missed y'all this morning," He took a seat on the couch adjacent to Bradley.

Bradley scoffed lightly while rolling her eyes. "You wouldn't have missed them if you came home last night," Bradley muttered out slyly.

Rashad glanced over at Bradley who was awaiting an explanation from him. He opted out from responding to her before averting his attention back to the twins. Bradley knew he was avoiding the confrontational conversation that needed to be had between them. Instead of being angry and irrational in front of the twins, Bradley simply gave him all the time he needed to catch up with them.

She watched as he made silly faces to evoke laughter out of them. "You getting chunky Ace, you must be doubling up on them feedings," Rashad teased Jace causing a little screech to come out of Jace. This caused Bradley to laugh involuntarily which resulted in she and Rashad to lock eyes. Immediately Bradley's laughter came to an end which let Rashad know that she was anticipating on cutting into his ass.

Bradley continued to watch the three interact with each other. When Jace was sitting on Rashad's lap, he would pick Blake up and extend his arms up high. He would then alternate the two so he could do the same for Jace. On his final rotation of the twins, Blake ended up letting out a baby barf that dropped down onto Rashad's chin and shirt.

A smirk formed onto Bradley's face as she praised her daughter internally. At least you came through Lay Lay, Bradley thought.

Rashad let out a disgusted little groan before handing Blake off to Bradley. "C'mon Lay, you got it in my beard," Rashad complained.

"Maybe because you disgust her mom," Bradley murmured out snidely as she too claimed Jace into her arms as well. Rashad disregarded Bradley statement and got up from the couch to go clean himself up.