"the zoo" {bokuaka}

bokuto koutaro x akaashi keiji

bokuto is a crackhead
«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"HOOT HOOT! ZOO DATE!" Bokuto screams in all caps as I drive his loud self through the parking lot entrance. He sings songs cheerfully as I part, turning of the engine with the turn of a key before looking at the other.

"Come on, let's go."

Going to the zoo with Bokuto is like taking a group of forth graders on a field trip. Every five seconds was a constant struggle to track him down as he went from animal to animal eyes full of childish wonder. I would be lying if I didn't say it wasn't adorable. His eyes glimmer when he presses his forehead against the glass of an aquatic display.

"Look! It's Shrimpy-chan!" He smiles, pointing at an almost microscopic shrimp, "Take a photo, Keiji!" I snap the photo for the boy, as he jabs a thumb at the small marine organism while chuckling.

He moves quick and sometimes it's hard to keep up with him as the sun saps my energy from being outside so long. Bokuto is somehow not roasting alive, although I don't get it.

"I'm starving, Akaashi~" Bokuto whines after two hours of walking.

"Okay, baby, lets go eat."

We chose a rather expensive place to dine on the zoo grounds within the food court, as I sigh sitting down in the air conditioning. The cool atmosphere felt so relaxing to relish in as I lean farther back into my chair, waiting for Bokuto to return with his meal. I flinch when a pair of hands cover my eyes from behind me.

"Guess who~" Obviously Bokuto cooes. I giggle slightly, leaning my head back while prying his hands off of my face, locking eye contact with his glimmering orbs.

"I wonder.." I tease as he smiles before giving me a small peck on my forehead. He sits down across to me as we both dig into our overpriced meals that were rather bland, but it didn't quite matter because each other's company is all that we need.

After that, we go to see what we both come here for. Everyone knows why the zoo is a fitting place for us.

It's because of the owls.

When my name means owl keeper, and Bokuto is the owl, it's only natural we go to the zoo for this purpose and this purpose only.

We step into the dark area, the structure half outside and half, shaped like a barn when Bokuto sees the first one.

"Akaashi! It's an owl!" He points to a dark corner, and I can barely make out the animal but much to my amusement I manage to and I smile greatly. Bokuto isn't the only one that loves owls.

"Mm, right? That one's pretty," I muse.

"Almost as pretty as you~" He cheekily flirts as I roll my eyes, ruffling his hair, flattening some of it out in the process. He huffs.

"Look! More!" He immediately shouts, jerking towards a random direction as I follow his glance to see not one, but two owls perched in the darkness.

The owls are beautiful, feathers shimmering grayscale hues as they cock their heads from their dark perches. In fact, the two almost looked like duplicates of ourselves. I smile softly to myself.

"Bokuto, they kind of look like us," I chuckle shyly as his face lights up beyond what I previously thought was possible. He shakes me by my shoulders and some people give us strange glances, but I can care less as I'm basking in Bokuto's warmth.

This must be what true love feels like...

I stare off into space as Koutaro begins to babble cheerfully, but rather clamorous. His passion for owls is so admirable when he rambles on and on about these subjects. I love supporting him on these topics, as I nod my head along, tuning back into the conversation.

He named the breeds of owls around us, pointing them out easily. I try to hide my amazement for his talent, because to me they all look equally dumb and the same; but Bokuto stops to cheekily grin at my impressed expression.

"Akaashi~" he takes the opportunity to tease me. "Whatcha thinkin' about, how awesome I am?" He boasts as I shake my head softly with a small chuckle.

I hum, "Yeah, I am. You're really awesome." He lights up a pinkish tint at my bluntness, and even though we've been together for almost over a year I can't get over the flush of his face. It's beautiful.

Bokuto slings an arm around my neck from the side, pulling me into his side before pulling me into a hug facing forwards. He squeezes me very tight as my laugh is muffled in his jacket collar near the crook of his neck. My hair becomes messier as he ruffles the tight curls, pulling my head into his neck, my body continuing to follow suit. The ace inhales the smell of my hair, freshly conditioned between contently sighing, letting me go.

"Thank you!" He exclaims excitedly like a kid. I smile.

What a simple-minded man.