"HAPPY BIRTHDAY"

*Whispers*
"She's coming"
"Lights off, guys"
"Get your positions"
"All set?"

*door_unlocks*
*door_creaks open*
"Dang it, where has the electricity been? "

All the campus peeps TOGETHER:: "SURPRISE!!"
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR Skylar
Happy birthday to you.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.

To my surprise, I stood there perplexed, awestruck, happy, stunned, overwhelmed, and I'm without words to describe how I feel at the moment.

It was really my fateful 21st birthday. Surprise party hosted by some of my amazing uni friends.

Untill...

Well birthday presents intrigued me the most rather than how the birthday was celebrated. No matter how much we grow up. There is still a lump in our stomach impatiently waiting for the time we can blissfully unwrap the gifts. Haha that's what I was doing.

*ding-dong*

' I highly doubt someone would let me rest in peace'
"Coming"
'This must be some random campus students, but who would go out in such a draining wet day?"

Ding-dong

'Just a minute you impatient soul beyond the door'

Door-opening

As soon as I opened the door, A cold and strong wind hit me hard. I saw a girl standing with a soaked black raincoat covering top to bottom. She had a small box wrapped as a b-day present.

"Happy birthday" A deep, husky voice called out from the silhouette figure, leaving me frozen in my place.

"Do I happen to know you miss?"
I let her inside as it was pouring outside.

"Yes" she remarked with so much assurance. But i didn't recall to know her.

"Mind me telling your name?"

"I don't do names." Said the stranger

Odd. I hope i didn't make an error letting her in.

"I think you made a mistake,miss. I guess you took me as someone else in the campus. Come back tomorrow,I think you will meet the right person you seek"

"I did"

"Pardon me miss"

"I did make a mistake, making you guys my friend. Going along with you all was the worst mistake, I could have been in a better place. In a better way." These words shaked all the bones,muscles blood vessels I had. It felt like someone just mixed ice on my blood i got colder. I tried to defend my ground now being immodest. I was tired after the long day and these made no sense.

"I don't know what you mean, but I'd like to go to bed as it's real late"

"I hope you will see what's inside" she pointed towards the gift.

"I'LL MAKE YOU ALL PAY"

💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥

Hi everyone its the author. This is a short horror story as well as an entry to #contestchaos (on instagram) hosted by @persistent_love_ @editingbynikki and @vidxeppy (make sure to follow these amazing authors and editors on instagram)

The idea of this story came from the prompt of their contest which is used as this story's description. It belongs to them.

Readers discretion is advised that this story is fictional and the main character's the authors or the readers believes and actions may not be same. So please no hate and ENJOY!!!!

Thank you for reading. ☺n a usermention a usermention a user