》Mum《

2.

a/n : Please turn on your volume and the video above before reading. 

 ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.・───

"Mom? I'm home." Taehyung could hear his own, deafening lub-dubs. Blood rushed to his cheeks, the adrenaline was pumping in too much.

Gosh, calm down, hm? It's gonna be okay, at least I didn't fall down the top 10 category.

"Mark sheet? Dinner's on the table. Go freshen up." her tone, devoid of any warmth.

The brunet handed over a thick piece of printed paper and ran off to his room as fast as possible. He climbed the stairs, his legs apace, thumping against the wooden floorboard.

He knew, he needed a shower to calm down.

___

"Taehyung, see me in the study after eating."

"Yes, mom."

Their conversation wasn't a 'typical mother and son conversation.' It was more like a counseling session, an intense one at that.

"What. Is. This?" she waved the paper in the air.

"M-mom that-"

"What is your rank?"

"Seventh."

"Who's first?"

"Kim Namjoon."

"Second?"

"Park Bogum."

"Third?"

Taehyung hesitated a bit and then uttered "J-Jimin."

A sharp gaze pierced him, it analyzed his paper a minute before and was now, maybe questioning his conscience? He shifted uncomfortably.

"Mom, I tried, but I couldn't solve those problems of physics. I just cannot deal with those numbers. They scare me..... " he visibly frowned.

"Taehyung, I just want you to be The Number One. Is that too much to ask in return, even after everything I've done for you? And what about the promise of being in the top five?" her voice seemed bitter yet unrelenting.

"But mom, I never promised... I knew I wouldn't be able to do it... that's why I said I'd try-"

"Don't you dare say another word. You weren't able to get your grades up and even manage to fall a rank down?" her brows knitted, lips downturned.

Taehyung kept mum.

He tried his best not to make his mom sad, but it didn't work. His fear of numbers didn't help either.

"Tae, sweetie, you need to work hard! Do you know that the First rank, Kim Namjoon, doesn't even attend cram school? How does he get those marks then? Do you think I send you to the cram school just for fun?"

It was yet another attack of questions which he could never tackle.

"No." he answered in a whisper, his head hung low.

"Now go, study and yes, you are obliged to complete one extra chapter of all your subjects, no sleep till then."

"But-"

"No ifs or buts."

Taehyung felt dejected, it was as if his heart had a huge void. A void filled with nothingness.