Back to the Usual

Start from the beginning

That got a cheer from the crowd.

"That concludes the pep rally, so we'll be closing up the gym. Thanks again. Have a good day."

Bonzo, Bree, Zed, Addison, and a few other volunteers began to help clean up. Streamers and confetti were all over the floor. Addison and Bree were talking about their routine and how they could improve for the next football game as they were cleaning up.

Zed was helping Bonzo out. They were busy taking apart the stage and the other equipment that was on it. While they were working, they were also busy talking about how much good they were doing, in zombie of course.

Eliza quickly made her way over to Bucky who was leaving with the rest of the crowd. "Hey."

"Hey, Eliza." Bucky said. There was a small smile on his face, but it didn't look genuine. There was a pain in them.

"I just want to say... thank you for showing up." Eliza's stomach started to ache. She wondered if words could really make one vomit. She was glad she didn't have to put her hand to her mouth to stop it. That would have made the conversation even worse.

Bucky looked rather uncomfortable. "I know I'm the last person you would have thought would care about the werewolves, but...I don't know, since getting to know Willa, I've...it's just so hard to describe, you know."

"I know what you mean. And your support means a lot." Eliza still felt like she was gonna puke.

"Bucky." Addison greeted.

Eliza took the opportunity to make her exit. The clean up only took half an hour. After everything was cleaned up and they all got out, coach Barkley locked up the gym.

"Well, I'll be seeing you. Good luck with your petition." He then started to walk back home.

The five of them made their way to city hall. The place was ornately made building with long steps and a fountain at the entrance. The others looked around inside. The place was huge. The walls were up to thirty feet high and above ten feet, large carvings were made into the walls from ancient human history.

The entire lobby was nearly empty.

"This is where your mother works?" Eliza couldn't stop looking around. It may have been hard to believe, but the air in the building actually seemed cleaner than outside the building.

"Yup. City council meets on the third floor." Addison led the way to the receptionist desk.

Sitting at the desk was a round man in a dark blue suit. "No, the mayor ordered ham on rye, not ham on wheat! Yes, this is a complaint! Hold on." The man held onto the end of his ear piece. "Can I help you?"

"Yes, I'm Addison Wells. I have a two o'clock appointment."

"Addison Wells? As in the mayor's daughter?"

"Yup."

The receptionist then began looking at some paper. "Ok, you'll be going to the third floor. I'll call someone to bring you to the room."

"Thanks." Addison flashed her sweet smile and led the group over to the elevators. They didn't have to wait long before the elevator door opened. A woman wearing a neon green vest was sitting on a stool. Once everyone got in, she pressed the button that had a three on it.

Bonzo then asked something in zombie.

Before anyone said anything, "the receptionist told me to drop you kids off. Yes, I speak zombie." The elevator person smiled and the group waited until the elevator stopped.

"Third floor." The computerized voice of the elevator said.

The group got out. Waiting for them was a guy who looked to be in his late twenties. He wore a baby blue polo and slacks. "Right this way."

He led them down the hallway. He then knocked on the door. "Ms. Wells, your daughter and her friends are here."

"Thank you, Max."

"It's Marcus." The man let out a sigh and then left.

"Hey, honey, how's it going?"

"Mom, we got the signatures."

Eliza then went up and handed over the petition. Addison's mom took the petition. Her eyebrows went up when she saw all the signatures. "This is quite extensive. I'll need to get a staff to verify each signature."

"Max!" Addison's mom called.

"Marcus," Addison clarified.

"Right. Marcus!"

The man in the baby blue polo came into the room. "You called."

"Please file this for review." Addison's mom handed him the petition.

"Right away." He then left.

Addison's mother then held daughter's wrist. "Don't worry honey, we'll work this out."

Addison smiled. Eliza though, was still hesitant.

"Isn't there anything that can be done sooner?" Eliza asked.

"Well, if it were something that minor, I may be able to call in a few favors, but something like this, I'd need the entire city council to vote. I'm sorry."