Chapter 7: Truth of Life

Start from the beginning

(Ruby) - ...That hill is a place where witches have lived for a long time. We never hurt anybody, we were just minding our own business. It was peaceful. We never had a problem with anybody else... well... until THEY came barging in on us. They destroyed everything in sight. They ripped it all to shreds, treating our home like it was nothing! Explain this to me!

...I can't. I don't understand other humans that well. I don't ask for their stories. That usually just gives me more trouble than I bargained for.

(Ruby) - The human scum! Why should be trust them?! What possible good could that do for us now?! We will never trust the humans ever again!

(Y/N) - ...

(Ruby) - Please, Yukari... You of all people should know what I'm saying! We witches called this place home. In order to protect this place, the only option is to destroy them all!

(Yukari) - But I... I don't feel that way...

Many thanks, Yukari. Many thanks.

(Ruby) - But... we have no choice!

(Y/N) - False. Incorrect.

They all turn to look at me.

(Y/N) - Don't misunderstand, I get why you're upset. The vast majority of humans only think of themselves, and the advancement of their society. There are few that actually appreciate the value - the TRUTH of life: an invaluable, finite resource. People matter. Monsters matter. WITCHES matter. There are so many who don't accept that, but there are others who DO. 

She looks at me, thinking about what I've said.

(Ruby) - Yukari... we have to kill them!

(Kurumu) - Oh, come on. Do you really think it's okay to kill off everyone just for a hill?

(Y/N) - Even the ones who have never wronged you?

(Ruby) - The only ones that kill are humans. What's so wrong with a little retribution!?

(Mizore) - Like Y/N said: Everyone matters. Wether you're a monster or a human, there's no difference in the value of someone's life.

(Y/N) - THANK you.

Ruby looks at us all, shocked, and shaking.

(Ruby) - What's so wrong about killing humans? So what if I kill them all?!

She chucks her unopened tea can at me, only for me to dodge at the last moment.

(Ruby) - Who cares about stupid humans?!

...me.

(Moka) - Isn't there something else? Some other way to go about it? A peaceful solution?

(Ruby) - No way. There's no other alternative for us. Her Ladyship will bring about retribution.

(Y/N) - Hol' up. Who's this 'Ladyship'?

(Kurumu) - You can't be serious. That's rather arrogant of you, saying that it's fine to hurt other people, as long as it serves your own purpose. 

(Mizore) - No kidding. That's very selfish.

(Kurumu) - That's just going to make you no different than them.

(Y/N) - I mean, stoop to their level? Why bother?

(Yukari) - I think that it's-

(Kurumu) - So that's the WITCH way, huh?

(Mizore) - You witches are a scary lot.

(Yukari) - Hey, no we're not!

(Kurumu) - Yeah, yeah, yeah, all of you kiddie witches aren't.