Chapter 3

I sat quietly on the floor in our room. Mello was Laying on his bed,just watching me play video games. I pressed the buttons on the controller almost simultaneously and Mello just watched.He looked almost mesmerised. After a while he came and sat down next to me.

"Hey umm Matt?"

"Yep" I didn't look away from the television screen.

"You know, I'm actually pretty good at this sort of game..."

"Pfft I'm probably better" He glares at me and I took no notice.

"Alright then, if that's your attitude lets test that..."

"The second controller's in the box." Mello stood up and walked over to the open box. He searched through all the games for some time until he finally came back with the second controller and wire. I stopped the game and waited. After he plugged the wire into the game system he crawled back and sat next to me. "You ready then?"

" Like hell I am!"

".....Is that a yes?"

"Just start the damn game!"

"Ok ok! Jeez...." I sighed as I restarted my progress and changed it to two-player. Two solid weeks were wiped away by the press of a button just because my friend wanted to play with me. I could've said no-wait, I would've said no! but,I didn't. Was is because I feared his anger? No. I wiped it because I didn't want to play the game alone, I wanted to play with my friend. My only best friend. I knew that I could of easily just handed him my controller, but this may be the only chance I have when he actually WANTS to play a game! WITH ME! No forcing either! of course I wanted to prove I was way better than him, but I did lower my skills a little. I even let him win a few times! what? I'm not 'that' heartless...no-one is....not even Mello.... I laughed as I saw him struggling. I ignored the punches that were thrown and laughed. It was just damn right hilarious! Did he really think he was better than me!? how stupid is he! wait- I didn't mean that.....

After a while I stopped the game. He glared slightly at me as I smiled.

"Still think you're better?" He smirked as he hit me round the head with a pillow. I stood up, grabbing another pillow and hit him back. I laughed as he got up too, dodging the pillow as I hit him again. We laughed as we played. I went to hit him again but stumbled forward, tripping on the controller. I fell forward into Mello causing us both to fall. He fell flat on his back and I fell on top of him, Quickly placing my hand either side of his shoulders on the floor. We stayed like that for a while, Just staring into each other's eyes as we smiled. I leant forward slightly, Our noses just brushing against each other. That was when I stopped myself.

"M,Mello I-" He gently placed his finger against my lips.

"It's fine...." He smiled once more as he brushed the back of his hand across my cheek. "Could you...." I nodded quickly and got up, looking down. He stood up and gently lifted my chin up with his thumb and forefinger. "We should, do this again sometime..."

"Yeah....we should" He chuckled as he sat back on the bed, pulling a bar of chocolate out his boot and slowly unwrapping the foil. I looked at him for a moment before sitting back on the floor and returning to my game. We just sat, the sound of the chocolate snapping,the rustle of foil and the pressing of buttons were the only things that broke the silence. I couldn't get what happened out of my mind, I was so close.....so close. Perhaps it was time for me to tell him, time to say what I really felt. I used the silence as time to think and it was like that for the rest of the evening.