Chapter 1

I pulled up my long black gloves as I ran. My fur lined jacket fluttered as my heart started pounding. I felt no fear,but motivation.motivation to win this. I swung round and winced a little as my back hit the tree.i stayed silent.one sound and I would be caught. I readjusted my goggles and I tried to catch my breath. Rain slowly started falling silently.My black and white striped shirt was now slightly spotted with mud. I looked round cautiously and waited. "Come on out Matt! You can't hide forever if you even want a chance of winning!" Shouted a kid with Blonde hair that just stopped at his shoulders. He was wearing leather,as always, and long black boots. He gripped his chocolate tightly as he bit into it.I heard the snap and the slight crinkling of Tin Foil.he was close. One of us had Refused to play,too childish and would make him messy he said.He sat quietly in the corner,spinning his short white hair around his finger.his all-white shirt and trousers were now an off-white colour.he said nothing as he watched. I knew that I had no choice but to look.to see where he was.to see if I had a chance. I slowly glanced around the tree. My Green eyes darted from side-to-side.I couldn't see him. 'Where is he?' My mind was racing. I turned back around and let my head rest against the tree. My short Red hair was slightly ruffled and my trousers were ripped at the bottom. Now was my chance to run. I darted past the tree and kept running.only one minute left and I've won.suddenly two hands shot up and grabbed my ankles.I fell flat on my back and the blonde haired boy stood up to face me. He put his black boot on my chest. "I win"

"Aww come on! Again!? That's the fourth time today!"

"I'm just too good" he bit into his chocolate bar again and I chuckled as I removed my goggles from my eyes and placed them on my head. The big glass door opened and I looked to one side to face it. "Come on you three,Dinner is ready...." Mello removed his foot from my chest and I sat up. I was still out of breath. "Come on then Matt..." The blonde-haired one put his hand out and I grabbed it. He pulled me up and I smiled. I had been great friends with him since I first came to Wammy's House.in case you didn't know it's an Orphanage. But I have a little confession,I may like Mello a little more than any normal best-friend would. I daren't tell him.knowing him,his temper would get the better of him again......" come on you Bastard" he glanced at the albino. "Now,now Mello...there is no need to talk to Near that way..." He simply rolled his eyes and turned to face me. I couldn't help but smile. We walked across the long stretch of grass towards the door. Near quietly got up and followed us inside. Near was younger than me and Mello,but he was smarter than us both. That's why Mello made it his duty to make his life a living hell. Yeah, I helped him but I didn't mean anything i said to him.I tended to stick to my video games. I checked my pocket hoping that my DS wasn't damaged because of the fall. It was fine. I breathed a sigh of relief as me Mello and Near walked into the dining room to join the other screaming kids.