Chapter 4

I didn't sleep that night, I stayed awake just thinking. He looked so peaceful when he sleeps, like a whole new person. I gently moved his fringe to reveal his face, such a soft face...you'd never expect someone like him to be like that...but he is,and i'm glad he is.in the middle of the night he woke up and I was still awake.. It was the most weirdest of silences.I didn't know whether he stayed silent because he believed me to be asleep,as I was laying on my side or whether he was just looking at me,in almost the same way I was looking at him moments before. When I heard him get up from his bed I quickly shut my eyes,if he found out I have been watching him it may spark up questions and I just wasn't prepared to answer them just yet. He stepped over to me quietly as I changed my breathing pattern to a calmer,sleep like tone. This was around the time where he grabbed me by the shoulders and shook me and I pretended to wake,a little surprised.He gave me a quick smirk before forcing me to sit up.I tilted my head slightly,a little confused by why he was doing this but also Intrigued. He gestured for me to put my boots on as he did the same. As soon as I did this he pulled me up. He took me by the hand and i just hoped my blushing was faint. he looked at me and before I could protest we were out the door and walking down the corridor.
"What exactly are we doing Mells...."
"Come up to the roof,I wanna show you something" I smiled,wondering what he was up to but at the same time a little nervous.Why the roof this late at night? I asked no further questions and just watched him lead me,his soft pale hand linked with mine.
As soon as we managed to get up there,it taking a little longer than he anticipated as It wasn't that easy for me,he sat me down on the edge and perked himself next to me. He smiled as he directed me to look ahead. The view was stunning.We sat and watched as the sun began to rise,an orange ember of sunlight flooding through every corner. I looked at Mello, the reflected rays of light made his eyes sparkle. I edged my hand closer to his,them lightly touching now. I turned to fully face Mello and after a few moments he noticed what I did and did the same.I took a deep breath in quietly. This was the perfect time,my hands shook a little as I brought them up to my face to remove my hair from obstructing my view. Mello noticed my shaking and lightly put a hand on my shoulder,his face showing a worried expression.
"Mello I...have something to tell you....".I looked away from his soft sparkling eyes. "Ever since we first met something just clicked inside me...I just knew that we would end up being friends,best friends....you're always here for me and,I appreciate that...but for the past few months...I feel different towards you...."His expression changed to a slight frown. "I mean...in a good way,I think,ugh I don't know..."I covered my face with my hands,too embarrassed to carry on. I had mucked it up,the perfect moment ruined.This is what I thought until two gentle hands moved mine away from my blushing face. "I...feel the same way...." He lifted my chin up with his thumb and forefinger,I stared into his beautiful eyes. He leant closer and kissed me on the cheek. I instantly blushed brightly. Everything was falling into perfect place. My dreaming was coming together. Without hesitating I pulled him closer and kissed him. It was just how I pictured It would be,but so much better. He wrapped his arms around my neck,pulling himself closer as I hugged his waist,never wanting to stop. After what felt like an eternity he pulled away,looking at me and smiling softly. I brought my hand down to my lap and he reached over,entwining his delicate fingers with mine and We looked back ahead at the sunrise. I gently rested my head upon his shoulder and closed my eyes. Finally,everything was perfect.