Chapter Thirteen: A formed Rivalry

Start from the beginning

"Momo's in the hospital?!" Izuku shrieked.

"Momo? Do you mean Yaoyorozu? The one who got into U.A. through recommendations like me?" Setsuna asked.

"Yes, she is. Gotta go now Setsuna!" Izuku said as he quickly grabbed his things and started to run with the power of his One For All. Setsuna waved goodbye at Izuku while he is running.

"That lucky woman got a great person like Izuku. Oh Izuku, I wish you were mine." Setsuna said as she left the Dagobah beach and now headed to their home. Light from the beach suddenly glowed and it is known to be as Zenitsu who can be seen wearing shorts and snorkeling devices.

"Did I hear that she wants Midoriya? Weird. It is really hard to act dead underwater while disabling your Devil Fruit." Zenitsu uttered as he flashed once again and now left the beach. Izuku ran into the hospital and sees Shoto who is sitting outside the room where Momo is still being taken care of by the doctors.

"Todoroki! Is Momo fine?!" Izuku asked while catching his breath.

"Yeah. The doctors are now observing her once again. Anyways, why she is alone in that coffee shop? Are you two supposed to go home together?" Shoto asked.

"I refused to go home with her in order to train myself in Dagobah Beach. I know it was a selfish part for me but I want to get stronger by not getting any help from anyone, including her." Izuku said.

"Then is it important for you to win at the sports festival while your girlfriend nearly got raped and killed by a maniac?! You should've focused more on her if you really loved her so much, not about the sports festival itself!" Shoto scolded. Izuku looked down and realized that he was right. He wanted to train all by himself because he is nervous about the upcoming sports festival. But a sudden event made him realize that he should focus more on taking care of Momo and not to think too much on the upcoming exam.

"Midoriya, listen to me. From now on, I declare you as my rival. And I want to challenge you. If you lose in the sports festival, you should break up with Yaoyorozu and start to dream of being a hero without her. But if you win, strengthen your relationship with her and I'll let you ask me one thing that I should do after the festival." Shoto said. Izuku widened up his eyes after hearing the challenge from Shoto, realizing that there is something more about him that made him get worried more about Momo.

"D-Do you love her... right?" Izuku asked and making Shoto gasp at what he said.

"The way you see us together and the way we cuddle each other, I can sense the jealousy and anger within you. If you really love her, you should know how to let her go and accept that she is my girlfriend!" Izuku exclaimed.

"Your girlfriend? But I only see her as your assistant towards your dirty ambitions in the future! I'll win the sports festival and aside from proving myself to my stupid father, I will also prove to you that you don't deserve Momo at all!" Shoto yelled back and now walked past Izuku while bumping his shoulder. Izuku sat down on the bench and grasped his head after hearing Shoto as his rival in the upcoming Sports Festival. Momo now walked outside of the room and can be seen smiling in the doctors as she waved goodbye to them. She saw Izuku sitting on the bench holding his head and shaking.

"Izuku! How did you know that I am here in the hospital? Where is Todoroki by the way? He saved me from a sexual maniac earlier. And I got wounded but not as much!" Momo said.

"Hey, Momo! I'm glad you were fine. I'm sorry if I am such a fool on why I go home all by myself. Because I want to train myself without being helped by others. So that I can practice managing myself in the future when we get busy and grow old. I'm sorry!" Izuku cried now on Momo's shoulder.