Chapter Five: Devil Fruits

The last part of the combat training is about to start. Iida, Aoyama, and Katsuki are preparing themselves against Zenitsu who they feared to be more powerful than Tanjiro. All Might observed Zenitsu's movements as the villains are setting up the bomb somewhere in the building.

'Young Zenitsu, I hope you understand why I let you go alone in this one. I want to know more how you and Young Kamado possess your Quirks.' All Might thought.

"Why is Zenitsu going up against three villains?" Kaminari asked.

"I can't even explain what kind of Quirk he has! The light from his foot is making me curious a lot!" Jiro said.

"What are your expectations for Zenitsu, Izuku?" Momo asked.

"Um... maybe he can defeat them. In an instant?" Izuku replied.

"He can defeat them in one second by just touching the bomb. However, he won't do such a boring thing just like that." Tanjiro suddenly interfered.

"Tanjiro! Eh, what do you mean by, he can defeat them in one second? Can you explain what your Quirks are?" Momo asked.

'If I tell them, this will make them get curious of us. How should I handle this?' Tanjiro thought.

Before Tanjiro can reply, someone from the watchroom threw a crumpled paper on Tanjiro and he sees his master, Hagari calling for him.

"Oh, I'll tell you about that later! Now, may I excuse myself." Tanjiro said as he left Izuku and Momo.

"Something's strange with him and Zenitsu?" Momo said.

"Yeah... I hope we can understand something from them." Izuku sighed.

"Yo, Master!" Tanjiro said.

"Tanjiro, listen, did you tell them about your Quirks?" Hagari seriously asked.

"Uhm... nope. But, why is it that everyone is so curious about our Quirks?" Tanjiro asked.

"Listen... the power you possess, aren't Quirks at all. You have the power that you ate from the fruits that I gave to you and Zenitsu." Hagari said.

"What? You mean... we are Quirkless from before?" Tanjiro asked.

"Sad to say but, yes. Have you remembered the day when I visited you in the hospital? And I told you that I have a fruit in mine that can activate that dormant Quirks of yours." Hagari said.

"So, what are these powers of ours then?" Tanjiro asked.

"You and Zenitsu both possess the power of the Devil Fruits. A fruit that can possess an abnormal power to whoever eats it. And there are types of it. The one you, Zenitsu, Giyu, and Rengoku ate are the Logia types. You Devil Fruit eaters may have possessed that incredible power, but, you cannot swim in the sea anymore." Hagari said.

"Damn, so now, this Devil Fruits, has no limits huh? But, the limit of it is we can't swim anymore. Such a sad one." Tanjiro said.

"The reason why I told you and Zenitsu not to tell anyone on where your Quirks came from is because... everyone now believed that these Devil Fruits are... are believed to be legendary fruits of power and don't exist because of the incredible power they can give to its user. I just wanted you and your family to be safe from the people who wanted to take or ask where you took those Devil Fruits." Hagari replied.

"I see... So, I won't tell them, anyway, it is for my sak-" Tanjiro was stopped by Hagari.

"You may tell them. All Might, as I observed in his movements, he is monitoring you and Zenitsu because of your Quirks or Devil Fruits in reality. Just only your class and All Might should know about that you only possess these fruits." Hagari said.