Chapter 8: Graduation

F/n POV:

Three years of training and learning to be a solider. There were some hard times and weird times dealing with these people. But over time I learned about them and all became comrades, well most of us at least. I've quickly rose up to be on the top cadets to graduate with honors. (1 Mikasa) (2. F/n) (3. Reiner) (4. Bertholdt) (5. Annie) (6. Eren) (7.Jean) (8. Marco) (9. Conny) (10. Sasha). We were the top members that represented to cadets of the 104th. After the graduation we would soon be choosing which regiment we would be going to join, The Survey Corps, Garrison Regiment, and the Military Police. Of course, I was planning on joining the Scouts with Eren so I can find the Armored Titan and get back to Shiganshina and find my parents book.

After the ceremony in the dining hall

Cadets kept asking me and Eren questions about which regiment we were joining, we told them we were joining the Scouts. "What!? you guys should join the MPs!" a cadet spoke up. " The Scouts have always been our goal." Eren said. "Are you insane!?" some says. " I mean let's face it, we can't beat them." This did not sit well with me and Eren " So you would do nothing and just give up!?" I said. "You tell us it's better to cut our loses and die, no thanks. We plan to end the titans." We both shamed everyone with our words. Eren then ran outside and we followed him outside.

We found Eren sitting by some steps. "That was quite the speech you gave." Armin said trying to encourage Eren. "Remember how wanted to go beyond the wall and seeing the outside world?" "yeah." Armin and Eren began talking while Mikasa and I sat together with them." Well I'm joining the Scouts too!" Armin said with confidents. " What? But you're the best at academics, go with that!" "I'd rather die than become a burden." Armin felt like he was willing to join Eren. "Guess I'm with you guys." I said to them. "What!?" "I'm joining as well" Mikasa then joins the conversation. "Come on, your both top of the class. Go to MPs." Eren tries to persuade us but it doesn't work. I told them my goal "Remember what I said Eren, I have goal. To get revenge and to find what my parents left me." Mikasa then speaks. " And Remember Eren where you go, I go. I made a promise to your mom." "yeah well she is not here." Eren says embarrassed. "There are also people I miss that aren't here." Mikasa says as we all look at the stars in the night sky.

After watching the starts for a little bit, we got up and were about to turn in for the night until I felt a tug on my shirt sleeve, I turned around it was Mikasa. "Can I have moment?" I waited for a moment until Eren and Armin were gone. " Sure, what is it?" "Just...follow me." She grabs my hand and we start going to inner section of Trost, right behind the gate, where there was a hill with a tree at the top of it, kind of like back in Shinganshina. We sat down next to each other, then Mikasa cuddled up next to me and ask me a question. " Hey F/n?" "Yeah?" " Do you know what you wanna do in the future?" Her question really got to me. "Wow umm... I never thought that far head. I mean I did think about us but, I still want to get revenge for my parents." She looked at me with concern. "I mean I really like you and I want us to be together as well....I don't know maybe I should be thinking more about the future." I said with not much confidence. Mikasa then grabs my face and looks me in the eyes. " F/n, I know you lost a lot, so have I. But If I tried to look forward and when I see you not knowing what to do, I'm concerned that you might drift away in anger, and that's not you. I know you care for Eren, Armin and even me. You promised you would draw all of us together but really I want you to focus on me." She was saying so much, this was the most talking she has ever had with me. "Mikasa I-" she puts her finger on my mouth. "But I'll wait for your response when you're ready to tell me." she then gives me a kiss on the forehead making me blush and then cuddles with me.

Next day/Top of the wall.

The next day I was with Eren and couple of our friends from the cadets. We were talking about which regiment we planned on joining. As we were working on the cannons, Eren asked me a question. "So, F/n, where did you go with Mikasa last night?" As he asked me that, I remembered Mikasa kissing me on the head. " ...Nowhere, we just went on a walk through the town." "Oh really?" "Really!" after that everyone began to get curious, almost like they knew something. Meanwhile we noticed Sasha stole some meat rations, she then offered to share with us, how could we resist? We decided to save them for later and got back to work. Eren and I were looking out the town discussing how far we've come. " Look at us F/n, were much more prepared now then five years ago" "Yeah, this time were ready for them." Just I say that we hear a "BOOM". we turned around and we see a huge head covered in muscles. But we knew what it was, it was the Colossal Titan.