15: Is This How It's Supposed to Be?

Start from the beginning

"You do," she giggles, glad that the teasing between them is still there. They don't want what they already have to change, they just want to add some things to it. "Why do you think I've been distant, dumbass? I was trying to move past them so I didn't ruin our friendship."

"Cute," he snickers, kissing at her bottom lip. "But you're stuck with me now, because I caught feelings for you too. Even though you're mean as hell."

Blake hums, Ethan's teeth grazing her lip. It's playful though, gentle, without the usual lust driving it. "I'm mean? I didn't even think you were capable of romantic feelings," she taunts, words muffled against his mouth. "I was so mad that I liked you."

"I was mad too," Ethan chuckles, remembering the way his heart would act up and he'd be angry instead of realizing he was starting to like her. "I don't--I haven't been someone's boyfriend in a while, so... you're gonna have to whip me into shape. But I don't think that'll be a problem for your bossy ass."

She laughs, her head falling backward as Ethan turns on the lamp again. Neither of them are tired anymore, and it's clear they won't be getting much sleep just yet.

Leaning in for another kiss, she lets her tongue trace his lips before pulling away again. "Who says you're my boyfriend now?"

"Me."

"Convincing argument," Blake snorts, watching his shoulders shrug. "Our friends are never gonna shut up about this."

"That's okay. We can ignore them," he says, glancing at the time. "I'm still starving, and I'm way too awake to sleep now. There's a 24/7 diner not too far if you'll walk with me?"

"Uh, obviously." She immediately throws the covers off of them, grabbing her hoodie and slipping back into her jeans. Ethan pulls on a pair of sweats along with his hoodie, grabbing his wallet and both of their phones and stuffing them in his pocket. As they're walking out she asks, "Why didn't you say something about this when you were starving earlier?"

"It's cold and I was way too tired to walk then," he defends, linking their fingers together. "If I had, I probably wouldn't have told you how I felt though. And I'm glad it worked out like this, because we almost missed out on... us."

A ten minute walk later, they're rushing into an empty diner and being brought to a random booth in the corner. They both order hot chocolates to warm up, cheeks red from the cold but smiles on their faces anyway.

With the place being so quiet it doesn't take long to get their food, and Ethan moans at his first bite. Blake laughs, "Should I be upset that you moan for pastries the same way you moan in bed?"

"No. It's a compliment to you. Try this fuckin' pastry, chérie." Ethan shoves a piece into her mouth when she goes to speak, grinning at her from across the table. "Good, right? Tastes almost as sweet as you."

"I'm gonna pretend that wasn't sexual because it's way too late for that, and thank you. Yes, it's good," she says, her eyes rolling. "I think your phones buzzing."

Ethan was too entranced by the food to feel it, but she's right. It's buzzed a few times on the table.

Ryan: which one of you stole the snack bag we're starving here
Ryan: come onnnnnnnnn assholes idc if you're getting laid answer me
Grayson: not us bro
Ethan: yeah uh sorry lmao
Ryan: put on clothes and open your door
Ethan: no can do
Ethan: Blake and I wanted more than snacks so now we're getting real food

He smiles as he sends a picture of her to them, her hair pulled back messily and a bit of foam on her lip from her hot chocolate. Of course, he also saves it to add to his album that will surely be growing soon, now that she's his girlfriend. He has a few of them together, a few of her naked, and now this one. It might be his favorite.