Chapter 101 - Triggers

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Addy, you okay?" Scott asks and I'm pulled back into the car, jerking my hand back away from the windshield that is perfectly whole and not at all cracked.

I swallow thickly and nod "Yeah... yeah, I think so..."

"We should call off this mission," Chris grumbles and Scott doesn't miss a beat to lay everything out there "Brett and Lori are gone, and Jiang and Tierney are still missing. Gerard's always one step ahead of us. We have to do this now."

Yes apparently Jiang and Tierney went missing last night after they left the station in the transport van and the officer who was driving them was injured– though dad texted us that he strongly feels like the wounds were self inflicted they were supposed to be safe and I'm still holding out hope that they are

"We're too exposed, Scott." Chris argues, earning Malia to lean forward "You said we have ten minutes."

Chris looks at his watch and corrects "Nine."

Scott makes a noise and reaches across Lydia, grabbing onto the door handle and earning me to turn more towards him "What are you doing?"

"I'm gonna lure them away so we can get inside," he answers quickly and Malia growls lowly, reaching over to take his hand off the door handle while Lydia locks the door once more.

"We need a new plan," Scott mutters in his defense, looking over to Malia quickly who shares a look with me before she answers him "Not a dumb one."

Scott shrugs and sits back in his seat, offering "I'll bring the thermite charges."

"We need them for the armory," I remind him and turn back around to face forward in my seat while Chris immediately backs me up "The explosion will buy you time, but not enough to get in and out safely."

I widen my eyes watching the hunters rushing out of the building towards the SUV's we've been watching "Guys..."

"How about using the tunnels?" Malia asks, not hearing me before Chris replies to her suggestion "We could get underneath the building, but we'd still need to sneak in undetected."

Obviously seeing what I'm seeing, Lydia chimes in as well "Guys..."

"The ventilation system?" Scott suggests next and I roll my eyes when Chris continues to not pay attention "Same problem."

I huff and turn away from my window towards the rest of the car "Guys!"

When they all look at me I smile sarcastically "Hey, how's it going? Having a good talk?–" I point over my shoulder and continue "Because they're leaving."

We quickly climb out of the car and Chris grabs his weapon of choice while Scott grabs the duffle bags filled with the thermite chargers we're going to use to destroy all the weapons Gerard and his army are keeping here.

Lydia leans out of the car and nods towards her phone "I'll stay out here in case they come back."

I set my hand on the side of the door and make a noise "Wha– you sure?"

She nods with a little roll of her eyes "Yes mom is demanding I check in with her so better get that over with– I'll text you if I see anything."

I offer her a smile and close the door, quickly running to catch up with the others as we move towards the building.

Breaking in through the door Scott and Malia head in first, taking out the two hunters on guard while Chris barely opens another door just enough to point the gun through. He aims for the security camera in the corner and shoots the lens with one of the paintballs from his gun.