Ch.4 🔪A Vengeful Life To Live🔪

Start from the beginning

Madeline has a ancient and oddly placed storm drain with a hood in her aunt's backyard. So as soon as her converse hit the dead grass outside her window to the yard, she hurriedly jogs over to the storm drain and equips her pocket knife. She crouches over the sewer drain and holds her knife in front of her.

"So your really down there, huh? I guess I'll have to go down there to," She says and then sighs.

She uses all of her strength to hook the sewer drain's hood underneath her fingers and pulls it up about an inch.

"I'm going to die...," Is all she says before removing the hood completely.

She looks down the ominous hole. The sewer hole appears vast and charcoal black. Madeline gulps and then spots a medal ladder attached to the side of the sewer hole. She grabs onto it tightly, and starts slowly crawling down the ladder.

"Don't look down... Don't look down..."

She looks down.

"Crap!"

She shakily continues down the ladder, until she's so far in that she can't even see the ladder anymore and the sewer smells faintly of sewage. She hurriedly takes out the flashlight out of a small pocket with her left hand. She turns on the flashlight and looks at how gross the ladder is. It's covered in black grimy goop. She makes a face and thanks her past self for putting on gloves, even if they do expose the half part of her fingers.

Madeline shines the flashlight's heavenly rays down the sewer hole beneath her. The hole goes so deep, that she can't even see the bottom.

"How far does this sewer go?!," She asks herself in a low whisper.

She exhales and continues crawling down the ladder. As she goes further and further down the sewer hole, the smell gets worse and worse. Madeline surprisingly doesn't even notice. She's so focused on revenge, that she doesn't even care.

After what seems like hours, Madeline can finally see the bottom of the sewer. She maneuvers over to the last bar of the later and drops her feet lightly into the gray water, making a quiet splash.

"Egh! How can that clown stand this?"

She walks through the water flow, with her water-proof converse and looks for a water-free area to step on. After awhile, she gives up. There's no areas to walk on in sight.

"Hey clown! Clown? Where are you? I need to talk!," She says while pulling out her knife from her pocket.

"Come on! Get your lazy ass over here!"

"Clown... I said, get your-"

"I prefer to go by Pennywise, silly Lamb Chop."

The clown is sitting on the ceiling.

" What the f-... how did?... You?-...," Madeline says while looking above her and taking in what the clown's face looks like for the first time.

"I have my ways, but you do too! And if you stay down here you'll...," The clown doesn't finish.

"I'll what?," She asks while looking at the painted details on his face.

The clown doesn't respond, he just growls while staring straight through her.

"What?! What is it?"

"You'll...," The clown says while licking his red lips.

"What?!?!?!?""

"Float...," The clown's eyes turn a orangey red.

"Float? What do you mean? And why are your eyes-"

"TOO!!!!!!!!!!"

The clown instantly does a backflip off the ceiling and lands with his feet in the gray water.

                   " ᴰᴬᴹᴺ,"

Is all that Madeline says.

The clown glares at her and starts running towards her with his hands out.

"ᴴᴼᴸʸ sh*🅃!!!!"

Madeline sprints with all of her might to the sewer exit, but when she gets too the spot, the exit is

              ░▒▓█ gOηE █▓▒░

"NO, NO, NO! F****!!!!"

She can hear Pennywise's footsteps getting increasingly louder and heavier. She moves on and keeps sprinting, her heart pounding out of her chest.

"I'm so stupid!," She says to herself while panting.

After a hour of sprinting, and two minutes of not hearing the clown, she finally stops. She's out of breath, but not even sweating. She can't go on anymore. She curses at her body and looks around with paranoia for the clown. I mean, who WOULDN'T be paranoid after what just happened to her?

"F*ck ... that little... no!" She manages to huff.

"I can't... Stop... I have to... run..."

She tries her hardest to run, but her legs suddenly won't let her.

"SH*T! .. I'm so dead..."

"I'm too... young to die! I hate... my... life but... I don't want to die yet!... I'm sorry cruel world! I'm so... so... f*cking sorry... I don't really want to die... I want to LIVE!," She wails loudly.

She's starts crying heavily and pukes up her lunch. The tears roll down her cheeks like lightning and she falls into the mucky water, laying still. At this point, she doesn't even care. She doesn't care about the clown. She doesn't care about the foul smells around her. She doesn't care about what her life used to be like. She just wants to live.