Happy Character Day Joseph (Claude & Joseph special)

The beach was often filled with shrieks by little kids and smells of freshly cooked food seeping out of picnic baskets; but today was different. Everyone was calmly sitting on their beach chairs and watching the little tide swim up and crawl back. The water was smooth like a blanket over the white sand. The sun was at its peak as it basked the world in its warm yet almost blinding light. It was no doubt a perfect day. Two little children were enjoying the day by sitting waist-deep in the water. Claude and Joesph.

"Hey brother, are you excited for our 6th birthday?"

"Not at all Claude"

"Why not?"

"Because the older we are the sooner we'll die, and I don't want to ever spend a day without you"

"Yeah, me neither"

The water looked ever so blue against the pale children's skin. They were the only ones in the ocean but to them it felt like they were the only ones in the world. No one could understand them like they did. Twins were only separated at birth.

"We're identical twins, Claude, everything about us needs to be the same"

"But we can like different things, right?"

"Of course, but those who are born together die together"

"How is it possible for us to die together?"

"I don't know, but I'll make sure of it"

After hearing that Claude jumped forward and hugged his brother, leaving no space for water to exist between them. Then he pulled away and looked deep into his brother's eyes, wondering why he was so obsessed with death. Before he could continue on with his thoughts he felt a splash of water on his face.

"Haha! What were you thinking so seriously about?"

"Nothinggggg"

Splash! Claude got back at his brother, but was welcomed with a heap of water from Joseph's outstretched arms. The Desauliner Twins were known for being quiet and obedient but nothing mattered to them as they splashed and played in the sea. Rolling around in the sand until the sunset. Their laughter slowly fading out, out of moments, and out of memories. Until the two could no longer laugh together, because there was only one...

Joesph lifted his head from his desk, his bones creaking and his pen shivering. Remembering one of his favorite days. Tears filled his eyes, slowly dripping down his still-pale skin. Looking out the window and into the dead forest he wondered what he was doing at the manor. To get his brother back, yes, but how? How can we live together again? How can we die together? I'm so sorry Claude. All I had to do was make sure we'd be together forever, but I even failed at that. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry-

"Joseph! Your match is starting soon!"

The photographer took a deep breath and stood up. Knowing he could never be loved as much as Claude loved him, or love anyone as much as he loved Claude.

But maybe he could get close.....

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you all so much for reading another chapter of "The Photographer and the Model"! Today is Joseph's character day! I was planning to write something much different for it. But then I read the letter Joseph wrote for Claude and I just got so inspired and emotional that I had to write about the two. 💖