Chapter 11

"GEORGE!"

"NATALIE!"

Shouted by a gray-haired woman in a white silky robe that falls down to her ankles and woman beside her with light brown hair in her pajamas, they hastily came down the stairs. The older woman, Mrs. Roberts, grabbed the arm of her husband and lowered it slowly, the younger woman, Nellie, rushed to Natalie' side then cupped her younger sister's face with her shaky hands, "Baby sis," she whispered.

Mr. Roberts yanked his arm from her wife's grip, he glared at Harry then to Natalie, his face was softens it turned into shocked expression, he turned his back then stomped up through the stairs and slammed the door of one the rooms, the house became silent, the only thing Harry can hear is the heavy breathing of the girl in his arms, irregular puffs of air hitting his neck. "Her room is on the left hallway, the last door." Mrs. Roberts hesitantly said, they walked towards the room, Natalie is still in Harry's arm, and her sister is following behind them. 

When the door of her room was shut closed, her knees turned to jelly, her body was weakened it gave in, Harry wrapped his arms around her body tighter as he sat down with Natalie on the floor, her breathing is ragged, her chest is heaving irregularly, he rocked her back and forth gently as he kissing her forehead. "Baby sis," Nellie kneel down beside them, tears were pooling in her eyes, she keep calling her nickname, soothing her and at the same time it was like calling her from the darkness her younger sister is in.

A single tear slipped from Natalie's left eye, Nellie wipe it off then Natalie released a loud cry and continuous convulsive gasps of air, her chest is tightening against her body, her throat is hurting from cries, tears keeps falling and running down her face. Finally, her walls crashed down completely, it broke cruelly around Harry arms.

Their house, a home that has the presence of dullness and silence is now filled with the sound of weeping from a broken girl.

"She's a big fan of weddings," Nellie said, running her hand through her sister's hair "but it changed since our father made an arrangements with the vice president' son." her happy tone of voice turned into sullen, he looked at the sleeping girl as if he felt the struggles she have.

"So, what did you do to my sister last night?" she continued,

"Oh no, I didn't do anything to Natalie, I swear!" he said, raising his hand and the other was placed on his chest.

"Relax. I'm just kidding." Nellie laughed, making Harry calmed down. "We went to Andrea's apartment, we ate noodles-”

"The will-make-you’re-life-longer noodles?" she cut him off to ask, he nodded, she also nodded her head as if telling him to continue with a big smile on her face making Harry confused. 

"-then we went in a club where I work- " 

"Oh, my God! Then you got my sister drunk, aren't you!" she accused

"NO. No, no. I drove her back to the apartment because Andrea got drunk! I cannot do that to her. I am-" he answered quickly. "Alright. Alright.” Nellie gripped his shoulder while she is laughing at him, “I'm still messing with you. That's how you get the truth." she lectured as she pointed at Harry, he calmed down once again. 

A knocked stopped them from talking to each other; the door was opened revealing the woman with a gray hair a while ago carrying a tray, “The lunch is ready, come on down.” Nellie took the tray to help Mrs. Roberts then placed it on the bedside table. "Harry, come on." Nellie waved her hands gesturing him to follow, “I’m still full, thanks. I'll just going to stay here.” the two women send him a smile before they walked out of the room.