Chapter 9

Dedicated to Den, my love.
-

Harry came the next morning; he wore his white button down shirt tucked into his tight black jeans and his leather jacket.

He knocked at the red door, "Just a second!" Natalie's voice reached his ears. Minutes later, the door was opened showing Natalie wearing a pink apron "Hi, come in"

"I’m preparing soup for Andrea, for sure she have hangover" she said, steeping aside to let him in. "Yeah, a massive hangover for sure" he chuckled, closing the door behind him. Deep and raspy voice sends chills to her spine, she cough fakely like brushing the unusual feeling she received. She walked in the kitchen again. Harry followed behind her.

First thing he noticed was the counter occupied with peel-off carrots that are cut into flower shape, chopped cabbage, salt and pepper, metal spoon, knives…

"Do you want something to drink? Coffee, tea, water..." Natalie asked "Nah. I’m fine thanks" he walked towards the counter and rests his hips on it.

Harry noticed the baby hairs on the lower part of her skull sticking against her nape because of the glistening sweat on her neck. It's the first time Harry saw her hair is up and he likes it. Hot air evaporating from the boiling soup making Natalie perspires, decreasing the nerves she is having. She's been thinking the possibilities of what her dad would do,

there are: 1) kick them out even before stepping a foot in the doorstep 2) locked her in her room forever 3) file a restraining order to Harry, and the list goes on...

"I’m just going to finish it then we can go, is that alright with you?" she asked, after putting the vegetables in the pot and also stopping Harry's wonder from Natalie's smooth white neck. She turned her head to look at him over her shoulder, "Yeah, okay."

The door on Andrea's room - which is the only room in the apartment - was opened, the door knob hit the wall forcefully then Andrea came to view, her hair is all over the place, her eyes were half close, and she's still wearing her last night's dress.

"Good morning!" Natalie greeted happily. Andrea rubbed her hands on her face and groaned as a reply, Harry chuckled.

"Why don’t you sit on the couch first then I'll bring you your soup" Natalie said, turning the stove off. Andrea obeyed, she walked through the living then plopped herself down in weird position. "She drank a lot last night." Harry said, he brought his attention back to Natalie, who grabbed a red bowl, "Because she doesn’t want to miss the good times" she said, picking the ladle which hangs on the wall then started stirring the soup. Harry's gaze feel on her lips, he watched it being pulled into her mouth as she poured the soup in the bowl and occasionally her tongue will darted out, making his mouth open slightly, resisting the urge to sigh.

Her white teeth were revealed, his eyes were snapped up to her eyes. His gaze met hers. Busted. He smiled at Natalie, who is already smiling. She put the bowl down on the counter then took a step towards him. Harry shifted his body to face her. Their eyes never break its connection, they sparkle like emerald gems.

Natalie leaned her body to him, her right hand rest beside his on the counter; it brushed against his sending electric current through his body. When they were inches from each other, Harry's breathing stopped. This is it, he thought. He leaned slowly, their noses were already brushing from each other, and her breath was hitting his face. His air. Harry pushed his head slowly but his lips touched her cheeks. Natalie just turned her head on the side then reached something behind him “Glass.” She pulled back and raised a transparent glass in front of him. He blinked a few times; his eyes looked back and forth from the glass to Natalie, who is smirking.

She turned her back on him then walked towards the sink then fill the glass with water, a grin never left her face. Harry is still in shock, the desire, need and frustration came crushing down at him all at once. “That’s so evil” he crossed his arms across his chest, his cheeks were flushed and a wide smile on his face. Natalie giggled, reaching the medicine box from the cupboard “I just grabbed the glass, I didnt do anything bad” she said innocently. She put everything down on the maroon trey; she walked through the kitchen and sending a wink to Harry.

Natalie placed the trey on top of coffee table in the living room in front of her poor friend. Andrea sat up then picked the spoon, “Did I already told you that you’re amazing?” she said to Natalie, who sat on the red carpet “Not yet, I think”

“Well, you are amazing” she said, sipping a spoonful of soup. “Oh, goodness! You are definitely amazing Nat. What is this?”

“Macaroni Soup” she smiled.

“You should really make me lot of this or you could just pass me the recipe” she said with food in her mouth as she wiggled her eyebrows. Natalie laughed and shaking her head at the same time.

Harry’s boots were hitting against the wooden floor as he walked to wards the living room, he stopped and leaned on the doorframe, Andrea’s eyes jerked up to him. “Oh, hi Harry” she waved the spoon into the air. She suddenly, leaned her body down “What is he doing here?” she whispered to Natalie. “We will try to talk to my dad today”

“You have me Natalie. Don’t you want me to come with you?”

“I ran away with him” Andrea’s small eyes looked back and forth at hers then she let out a sigh, she pulled back. “Okay”

Natalie got up on her feet, “I’ll text you” she said, untying the knot at her back, removing the pink apron then walked in the kitchen again hanging it. She came seconds’ later, kissing Andrea goodbye and assuring her that it’s going to fine and she’ll call. “Let’s go?” “Yeah” They walked towards the door, Harry opened it for her but before Harry can exit the apartment, small hands gripped his forearm, he turned his head and saw Andrea “You take care of her, understand?” her voice was stern, demanding but still making Harry gulped.

 Hi my favorite people!
 our examination is done this semester and they gave us a month break (what i just need)

So, this is an update. Hope you like it :)

Please comment/vote and help my story to get notice. Thank you

Have a lovely day. Love ya'll -aura