Chapter 1

Hey guys! So this is my first fanfic, and yes, it's an amourshipping fanfic! Please no hate, if you do not like the Serena and Ash ship. I plan on making this only a couple of chapters. Unless people read and like and would like more of it, then I will continue. For now, I am testing the waters with my fanfic. As this chapter will be short and incomplete until I do finish it. And yes these titles are derived from the actual episodes. Thank you everyone! :)

-----------

Chapter 1: Serena's the earnest!

Serena crouched down for a minute to pet her Pokemon, Fenniken on the head.

"Fen! Fenniken!" The small fire type Pokemon yapped at Serena happily, as it's trainer continued petting the fire type's small back, grooming the Pokemon with her hands as she did so. Fenniken's tail wagged at a happy pace, as the Pokemon loved to be groomed and kept looking clean and at its best at all times.

Serena glanced at the sky for a minute and sighed, shaking her head. "I wonder if I should tell, Ash..." Serena thought out loud to herself. "But... I'm worried, Fenniken.' Fenniken looked at its trainer, curios as to why Serena had stopped petting it.

Suddenly, Serena felt a warm hand on her shoulder. Call it instinct, but Serena yelped and jumped backed, startled, and then promptly stepping on who ever was holding her shoulder. The person groaned and sighed. Serena turned around to see who had grabbed her shoulder, immediately on guard. Her face, however, softened as she realized who it was.

"Tell me what, Serena?" Ash asked her, with a wince on his face. Having been stepped on by Serena's foot did not help his healing of his injury he acquired while the group where at Summer Camp that was held by Professor Sycamore, two weeks back. Still, Ash smiled his famous toothy grin at Serena. Which, in turn, made her stomach flip.

"Ash!" Serena gasped and knelt down to his foot to see if she had done some damaged to his healing injury. The injury from the summer camp was small, but it still would hurt Ash from time to time.

"Yanno' you can tell me anything, Serena!" Ash flashed his grin again and gave her a thumbs up.

"It's nothing Ash, really." Serena blushed a dark red as Ash smiled at her.

"C'mon, Serena! My foot it fine, no need to worry!"

"I-I'm so, so sorry, Ash!" Serena clutched her heart as Ash said 'no need to worry!'. A couple of days ago, Serena had asked Ash why he always said that line when something went wrong or someone need a little comfort. It had never bugged Serena, and honestly, it comforted her when Ash said that. When Serena was around Ash, she felt she really didn't need to worry about anything.

"Serena, C'mon, lets go see Clemont and Bonnie! Lunch is ready, and I'm starving!!" As soon as the words slipped from Ash's mouth, his stomach began to growl, loudly. Ash laughed it off, and stood up. Smiling at Serena. He extended his hand towards her, palm up, and just like all those years back from Summer Camp, when they were kids, Serena took his hand and stood up. She smiled.

"Yeah! Let's go eat!" Serena smiled, for Ash's sake, and watched as he took off after he said, 'great!'

Serena frowned, though, as Ash went off to go get lunch. "No need to worry, Ash.." Serena sighed and looked down at Fenniken, "Maybe he really liked Dawn, Fenniken."

"Fen, Fen, Fenniken!" The Pokemon replied, looking up at its trainer sadly. Serena looked back up at where Ash had taken off, and started walking slowly back to where everyone else was for lunch.

-----

Okay, so this is part 1 of chapter 1! Hope you all liked it. This part of the chapter only gives you a glimpse of where this is going. Now, to go to bed. As it's 1 am where I am, and I should go to sleep. :)