Chapter 7 : The Final Evaluation

Yeoju's POV

The results were finally out. So the rankings were like this :

Team A:
1st - Park Yuna
2nd - Han Eunji
3rd - Lee Yujin
4th - Kim Minji
5th - Jung Hyejin

Team B:
1st - Seo Eunbin
2nd - Choi Yena
3rd - Kim Yeoju
4th - Park Jiwon
5th - Kim Naeun

Team C:
1st - Choi Minah
2nd - Woo Jina
3rd - Kim Yuri
4th - Ra Eunho
5th - Nam Soohyun

I was happy that I was ranked third, as long as I wasn't the last one in my group. I congratulated Yena and waited for the anchor to announce the next evaluation.

"The next evaluation will be the final one. You have to perform a song, especially made for this evaluation by our producers. You all will be performing together. Ms. Kim will teach the choreography and Mr. Choi and Mr. Lee, the singing parts. After this evaluation, top 8 trainees will be in the final lineup. Hope you all do good in the final evaluation."

***

We all practiced hard for this final round. We practiced more harder than before. This was the final chance for me to debut so I put in all my efforts.

"The choreo is difficult this time," Eunbin unnie said and I hummed.

We all were taking a break after the long hours of practice. We were sitting on the floor and relaxing. I was so hungry that rats were running in my stomach. I almost forgot to tell that we all were dieting.

"Unnie, I'm so hungry right now. Can we go and bring something to eat?" I asked Jiwon unnie.

"Yeah, I'm also hungry. How about we eat some ice cream?" Jiwon unnie said as our face lighted up on hearing the name of ice cream.

"I'll go and bring." I was going to get up when Yena insisted to come with me. "We'll be right back," I said before going out of the room with Yena.

The convenience store was not that far. We both walked to the store, chatting together.

"Oh no! We forgot to ask which flavors do they like," I said putting my palm on my forehead.

"We'll just take the common one. How about vanilla?"

"Okay let's take that. And chocolate for me."

She chuckled. "Yeah, I know chocolate is your favorite flavor."

We both took the ice creams and headed towards our building. On the way I saw San, Wooyoung and Seonghwa sunbae heading towards the building.

I heard Seonghwa subae saying, "I'll eat all the 30 flavors of ice cream next time. I'm full now."

"SAN!" I said as we both went to them. We both bowed to them.

"Oh Yeoju! What are you doing here?" San asked.

"Ah...we both went to the convenience store to buy some ice cream." I showed them the bag.

"I want an ice cream too," Wooyoung sunbae said as he tried to take out an ice cream from the bag I was holding.

"Yah! You already ate two," Seonghwa sunbae said slapping Wooyoung sunbae's arm who just pouted.

"He's always like this. Just ignore him," San said. I and Yena giggled.

***

"When did you come from the tour?" I asked San as we were walking.

"We came yesterday." I nodded.

We reached the building. We waved at each other and went to our respective directions.

"We're back," Yena said and all the girls turned their attention to us.

"Oh, you came?" Yujin unnie said.

We all gathered together and sat on the floor, making a circle.

"We didn't know what flavors you all would like so we brought vanilla instead," I said as I was taking out the ice creams from the bag.

"It's okay. I like all the flavors," Yuna said as I handed her an ice cream.

We all chatted for sometime. We giggled and laughed continuously. We all enjoyed the moment so much. I was busy capturing the moments in my mind. I wished we all could stay like this.

"Okay let's play the number game. Whoever says the last number will clean these up," Naeun said and we all agreed. We all say the numbers one by one.

"Yeoju, you're last. You need to clean this up," Eunho said.

"But I said 4."

"Hyejin also said 4, I guess," Jiwon unnie said.

"Then do rock paper scissors," Yena suggested.

"Okay." We both agreed to do it. And the game was over in the first try.

"I don't want to do it," I said and groaned. Yeah I lost. I sighed and picked up the wrappers and put it inside the plastic bag.

"Okay, I'll help you," Yena said and came to help me, picking up the wrappers and putting it in the plastic bag.

After finishing it up, we all started our practice once again. Okay. This time it was the final evaluation so it was a bit difficult for all of us.

***

Yena's POV

"What's wrong with you, Kim Yeoju? Why aren't you able to do it correctly?" Mr. Choi shouted at her.

Yeoju seemed scared and was about to tear up but she held it back. After the trainers were gone, she started to cry. We all went to her and tried to comfort her while I gave her a tight hug.

"It's okay. You can do it. Now don't cry," I said and wiped away her tears.

"You can do it Yeoju! I know." Jiwon unnie told.

Yeoju didn't tell anything and kept quiet. After awhile she felt a bit better and started her practice again. She looked very determined this time. She kept on practicing for hours and hours.

We all took some rest after the practice but Yeoju didn't stop her practice. She continued practicing her parts.

"Yeoju you should rest for some time," I went up to her and told her.

"A little bit is left and then I'll rest," Yeoju said and started her practice again.

After sometime I saw her going out of the room. I got worried and went out of the room. I looked for her around but she wasn't there. Then I went to search for her towards the lift, thinking that she would be going to our room.

And I was right. Yeoju was standing in front of the lift.

"Yeoju!" I called her but she didn't hear.

I think I'm too far away from her. I should run and go to her.

As I was going to her, Yeoju suddenly fell on the floor. I gasped. She fainted there.

"Yeoju! Kim Yeoju!" I shouted, shaking her. She lay there without any movement. "Yeoju, wake up!"

 "Yeoju, wake up!"