↬ eight

EIGHT 

THANKU SO MUCH FOR 100 FOLLOWERS! IT MEANS A LOT 🥺

JOHNNY ORLANDO'S POV
✩✰༄

"What are you doing here?" I yawned as I strolled into the kitchen, only to be greeted by Mackenzie Ziegler.

"I stayed the night ," she grinned. "So one accidental text and now you're suddenly everywhere," I grumbled.

"Is it just you? Cause I heard literally no noise from Laur's room," I commented when I got no response for my previous comment.

I filled a glass of water for myself as I waited. "Yeah. Lauren's still asleep, so now you and I can have some quality bestie time," Mackenzie cooed.

I turned around and raised my eyebrow in her direction. "Why are you so determined to make me your friend when neither Lauren, nor I, approve?"

"Lauren doesn't mind our friendship. She's worried I'm going to fall for you, which she doesn't have to worry about, looking at how you treat me, and as for you, it annoys you, and you're fun to annoy," she cheekily grinned.

"Uh huh, okay." I made way to leave the kitchen, but she stopped me. "Come on! Lauren's still asleep, and I have nothing to do," She grumbled.

"You could just go home," I suggested. "Haha, very funny, Orlando. Come shoot some hoops with me," she grinned, nodding towards our basketball court.

"You wanna play? Against me?" I snorted. Mackenzie shrugged and nodded. "Okay, sure. Come on," I said, deciding to humour her for a bit.

"You can start," I offered, throwing the ball in her direction. She attempted to catch it, but only succeeded in stopping the ball from hitting her face.

"Well, aren't you skilled," I sarcastically commented. "Shut up," she grumbled, picking up the ball. I watched in interest as she dribbled it towards the hoop, and realised if I didn't defend her, she would score.

As I successfully took the ball from her grasp, she decided to start conversing. Wasn't the whole point of us playing to stop making polite conversation? 

"When you texted me? A while back? Who's Nadia?" She asked me curiously. Her question took me by surprise, and I almost lost the ball to her as I dribbled to the three pointer line.

"Some chick I met at the bar," I replied, trying to sound nonchalant as I threw the ball to the hoop. Score! "She gave you the wrong number?" Mackenzie asked me, furiously waving her hands in front of my face.

I stood still and stared at her. "What are you doing?" "Asking you a question?" She trailed. "Not that..with your hands. Why are you just...waving them?" I asked her, as I burst out laughing.

Mackenzie stuck our her bottom lip, before racing over to retrieve the ball from where it landed. "Do you want help?" I nodded towards the hoop.

"Did the Johnny Orlando just offer to help me?" She widened her eyes sarcastically. I rolled my eyes, but nodded. Mackenzie was kind of endearing.

"Sure, not that it matters really. Basketball isn't my thing." "Yeah, cheerleading is," I snorted.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked me, seeking defensive. So cheerleading's the way to her mind. "Nothing. I just said cheerleading was your thing," I shrugged, smirking.

"In that tone. You don't count it as a sport," she accused me, frowning. "You got that right," I nodded in agreement. "Well, neither is basketball," she retorted. What sort of comeback is that?

"Okay?" I said, confused.

"Why aren't you mad!" She exclaimed, glaring at me. "Firstly, I'm more of a football guy. Secondly, I don't need to get defensive, because deep down, you and I both know it is a sport," I shrugged. She opened and closed her mouth a few times, reminding me of a goldfish, before finally throwing the ball towards the rink. She missed.

I stared at her for a moment, completely bamboozled. "Wait, let me get this straight. You don't get mad when a guy tells you he'd rather jump off a cliff than hang with you, but you get mad when the same dude indirectly says cheerleading isn't a sport?" I tilt my head.

"Yes." Oh, so now she was gonna be petty.

"You and Lauren are exactly the same," I grumbled. "Why thank you. Now are you teaching me or not?" She grinned. Bipolar much?

She ran across the court to get the ball, and proceeded to dribble it back. Rolling my eyes, I spent the next ten minutes attempting to teach her how to shoot, when Lauren finally woke up and came outside.

"Jesus Lauren. Now you wake up?" I ask her, frowning. "What? You two seem to be doing fine," she retorted, before turning on her heel and strolling back inside.

"I told you," I said to Mackenzie, in a sing song voice. "She'll come around. But anyways, thanks for the tips. Maybe I can join the NBA soon," she grinned. "Maybe," I replied, before walking inside. Maybe she wasn't as bad as I thought she was.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵
AUTHORS NOTE
WHAT IS THIS IM SO SORRY
BUT ANYWAYS, SINCE WE'RE ALL
QUARANTINED, here's an update :)
dm me to be friends pls i'm loNely 🥺

[ 865 words ]