↬ prologue

PROLOGUE

"You don't really truly know someone until you get ridiculously drunk with them."
- Anonymous

Dedicated to kenziesheart you're super sweet 🥺

JOHNNY ORLANDO'S POV
✩✰༄

I glanced at the girl on the other side of the room yet again, only to find her staring back at me. Yet again.

"Dude, just buy her a drink," my best friend, Hayden, urged. I gave in, partly because I was under the influence. But then again, I'm always willing to make new friends.

"Are you just going to keep staring at me, or would you like to join me for a drink?" I call out to her, when I'm closer to her hearing range.

"I thought you'd never ask." She smiled flirtatiously, and made her way towards me.

I sloppily smiled at her, before leading her to the bar. "And what can I get for you?" I asked her. "Vodka?" She replied, questioningly.

I nodded, and repeated her order to the bartender, along with my own; a beer.

"So what brings you to this bar? I come her often, but I've never seen you, and I'm pretty sure if someone like you were here, you wouldn't go unnoticed," I remark.

"Well, my friend just got out of a toxic relationship, so this was our attempt at getting her to forget about it," the girl grinned.

"Cool. And hey, I didn't introduce myself. I'm Johnny Orlando," I smiled. "Nadia Turner," she told me in return.

For a while, we made polite conversation, but after two more drinks, all the awkwardness there was before completely disappeared, because although we were tipsy earlier, at this point, we were goners.

I made lame jokes, at which a normal person wouldn't laugh, but Nadia? She cracked up at everything I said.

Just as I ordered another drink for her, a short girl with brown hair came up, her face red. "Nadia. We're leaving. Come on," she snapped.

"Anss..what's wrong?" Nadia slurred. "Goddamit. You're drunk. Come on," Annie huffed, heaving Nadia up.

"Wait! Johnny, give me your phone," Nadia told me. I obediently handed it over, and I watched her type in her number, her eyes closing as she did.

"Text me," she winked, before the girl named Anns pulled her away.

I walked back to Hayden, who was watching me, grinning widely. "Well, that seemed to have gone well," he remarked, while I nodded, continuing to smile. "You got her number?" He raised his eyebrows. "Mhm," I nodded.

"Damn, you're drunk," Hayden commented. "I guess you're staying over," he grinned. I simply shrugged, my mind still on Nadia.

"Give me your phone," Hayden said, his hand outstretched. "Why? You wanna give me those digits as well?" I smirked.

"No, you dodo. I'm texting your parents as you saying you're sleeping over. Unless of course, you wanna go home and get yelled at." I simply laughed at Hayden, while he shook his head, texting my parents.

"Okay, come on," he said. I held out my hand for him, and he chuckled. "I'm not holding your hand." "No homo," I winked. Instead of replying, he simply grabbed my shoulders and steered me out of the bar.

"Wait!" My eyes widened once we were outside. "What?" He asked me. "I payed for two drinks! I never got the two drinks! My money!" I exclaimed. "No." Hayden shook his head.

"I want my money," J glared at him. "John. It was like ten dollars. Your parents will easily give that back to you."

"I want my money and I want it now," I said obstinately, sitting down on the pavement.

"You're going to be the death of me," Hayden murmured, pulling out his wallet. "Are you giving me money!" My eyes widened with joy. "Does it look like I am?" He asked me, as I nodded vigorously.

"Here. Now get up, and walk," He ordered, handing the money over to me. I obediently did so, pocketing the money.

For a while, we walked in mostly silence, where the only sound was me singing nursery rhymes.

"You know, it's funny," I suddenly said, staggering. "What is?" "It took us five minutes to get to the bar, walking, but it's been fifteen minutes, and we're still far, far, far, far, far, away," I pointed out. "And who's fault is that?" Hayden raised his eyebrows.

"Yours," I mumble. "Mhm. And how exactly?" Hayden asks me. "Well, if you'd given me the money before, we'd be back," I explain.

"Ah yes. How could I forge- Johnny we're here!" Hayden pulls me back.

He leads me towards a house, and it looks frightfully familiar. "Hm...I've been here before," I scrunch my eyebrows.

"No shit. Now come on!" He urges. I do as he says, and enter as he unlocks the door.

"Oh! Hayden! There's a picture of you in this house!" I gasp, surprised. Hayden let out a chuckle, but didn't reply.

"Come on, kiddo. Gotta get you to bed," He said.

"You and me together?" I wink. "No homo," Hayden replied, before pushing me upstairs.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵
AUTHORS NOTE
hi guys!

[ 848 words ]