Chapter IX

Sabrina

After that hot-blooded night, Sabrina decided to de-clutter her room but while she is fixing the things in her cabinet, something fell from it. She looked down and saw a photo showing a drawing of a blue moon dated back from the 18th century. She got it and examined the paper.

It looks really old but what got her attention the most is the moon and the date. She suddenly remembered Lavita and she immediately took the Apantisi to look for a possible answer.

Sabrina was very shock when she saw the first pages of the book containing letters. She read it and it told a story. She immediately called Carsten and told him about what happened.

“It's indeed a story back from the 16th century Sab.”, Carsten said. “About a loving and caring princess and her wonderful journey.”, Sabrina continued. “What if it's Lavita's dream, because she's the one who's associated with the moon, right ?”, Sabrina voiced out. “I think so, but in the Apantisi, the story isn't completed. And it looks like it's only the beginning of the story.”, Carsten stated.

After the long run, they finally draw the inference that the princess in the Apantisi is Lavita but they still had no idea what to do next. “You know what, Carsten I'm really getting frustrated right now. I mean, we have the clues but we don’t even know what to do with all of them.”, Sabrina let out a sigh.

“I think we should think of some ways to be able to get inside their dreams and to control anything bad that may or will happen to the three of them.”, Carsten suggested. “But how can we do it? How can we enter in their dreams? The thing your suggesting is complicated and it will surely take a lot of time, time that we should spend wisely because we only have a few days left.”, Sabrina said agitatedly.

After what happened they decided to go back to the Maiden Mountains to look for the wizard who gave the Apantisi.

“This is the only best option that we have, Carsten. I hope the warlock will help us.”, Sabrina said.

They started to walk and when they got to the place where the hut used to be, they was surprised for it was gone.

“How could this be?! I’m perfectly sure that this is the exact place where we had met the wizard.”, Sabrina exclaimed. Carsten also looked around but he saw nothing aside from the trees and birds on it.  “Maybe the wizard used his sorcery to hide the hut from us because he knows that were coming? Or maybe he’s just challenging us.”, Carsten told Sabrina.

Sabrina started to break down. “Why do it gets harder every day, Carsten?, knowing that we only have days to save our friends from Grevendum.”, Sabrina sobbed. Carsten felt pity for Sabrina just by witnessing all her struggles in order to save her friends. Because of that, they had no choice but to come back to Sabrina's house.

On their trip back home they saw a shooting star, Sabrina got the Apantisi quickly and flipped its pages. “Carsten, look! there's a newly written story here!”, Sabrina shouted. “Read it, Sab.”, Carsten said. “It's about law student girl that will encounter a gruesome murder. She’ll be part of the crime’s investigation.”, Sabrina stated.

“I think it's Zatanna's dream.”, she added.

Now that they have a clue regarding Lavita and Zatanna's dream, their only problem is Isla's. “Let's call it a day Sab.”, Carsten smiled. “Yeah. Take care, Carsten and please drive safely.”, Sabrina reminded him.

When Sabrina entered their house she was surprised to see her grandmother crying. “Grannie?! Are you alright?”, Sabrina asked. “Yes, I’m perfectly okay. I’m just moved by this movie named ‘Midnight Sun’.”, Esperanza chuckled.

  Sabrina smiled when she heard what her grandma is watching.

“Midnight Sun.”, she whispered to herself.

Something popped up in her mind when she remembered the word Sun. She bid her goodbye to her grandma, and she went to her room quickly.

Sabrina opened the Apantisi to check if there is something about Isla’s dream encrypted in it, and as luck would have it, there she saw another page with a new story. Sabrina jumped in joy and she hugged the Apantisi. She's very thankful that little by little, the missing puzzle is being unraveled day by day.