Chapter 21 ~ Not worthy

Start from the beginning

I laugh a little and get up as Dad does too.

"What's the word on Strucker?" Dad asks Maria as we walk over to her.

"NATO's got him." She answers.

"The two enhanced?" Dad asks.

"Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Twins." Maria says as she hands a tablet with a video of them to Dad, and I take a peek at it. "Orphaned at ten when a shell collapsed their apartment building." She continues as we walk out of the jet. "Sokovia's had a rough history. It's nowhere special but it's on the way to everywhere special."

"Their abilities?" Dad asks as we walk to the elevator.

"He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis. Her thing is neural electric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation." Maria answers.

I look over at Dad and see him giving her a confused look which I had to laugh at.

"He's fast and she's weird." Maria dumbs it down for him. "The boy is just like (Y/n)."

"Except I have more experience with my powers," I mention.

"Well, they're going to show up again," Dad says as he hands the tablet back to Maria. The elevator dings and opens up.

"Agreed. File says they volunteered for Strucker's experiments. It's nuts." Maria says as we step into the elevator.

"Well at least they had a choice," I mutter.

Dad presses the button to the floor where our rooms are as he says, "Right. What kind of monster would let a German scientist experiment on them to protect their country?"

"We're not at war, Captain," Maria says.

"They are." He answers as the elevator door closes.

There was a moment of silence until I speak up.

"I still can't believe there's someone else with my abilities," I say.

"Yeah. Don't underestimate him though. No matter how much more experienced you are." He tells me.

I nod. "I won't."

The elevator opens up to the living room where the couch and my pillow, Roy, is waiting for me. I plop on the couch and lay my head on Roy's lap. Dad goes down the hall, most likely to his room.

"You okay?" Roy asks.

"Yeah, just tired and hungry, but mostly tired," I mumble as I get comfortable.

"Get some rest. I can order some pizza when you wake up." He says softly as he strokes my hair and I drift off to sleep.

                                                                                             ...

The day of the party came faster than I knew it. This week has been a stressful week at school so a party might help with that stress. I make my way to my room to get ready for the party. I go to pick out a dress when I already see there's one on the bed. I go over to the dress to see it has a note on it.

'Your stylist has you covered.' - Natasha

I smirk at the note. Stylist Natasha strikes again. She knows how to pick out some nice dresses though. It's a royal blue dress that kind of exposes a lot in the back, but still looks really nice. I grab my silver high heels to match it and then I quickly take a shower, washing my hair and shaving, then coming out to dry my hair. I put on the dress and then do my hair, using a curling iron to straighten my hair with little curls at the ends.