4

It's been about a month since Rosemary Faith Matthews had been admitted into the hospital after being hit by a car.

Her burns are now halfway healed, especially with her skin grafts. Her leg, wrist, and ankle casts are off.

Now all she has to wear is a boot on her foot. But a week after her leg surgery, she had a complication that permanently made her foot turn inwards, and she can't walk on it.

But after everything, today she gets to go home. "Mommy! House now?" Rosie asks her mom as she helps daughter get dressed as it still hurts to stretch her burns certain ways.

"Yes

"Yes. Soon, all daddy needs to sign the papers, then we can go home," Topanga tells her daughter.

She was so excited to bring her daughter home. This is especially because her friends, sister, and brother have been really wanting to see her and have her back home. They had kept Rosemary away from her siblings except for FaceTiming without showing her burns. But a week before they were to be taking Rosemary home, they had Auggie and Riley see Rosemary see her burns. Cory soon comes in with Nurse Emma, who has a wheelchair.

They help sit Rosie in the wheelchair, and they take her outside and soon sit her in the car, buckling her in, in the seat with the special seatbelt headrest, so it doesn't rub her burns. Once they're all in the car, Cory starts driving to their apartment. When they arrive, Topanga picks her daughter up in her arms while Cory gets their bags and Rosemary's forearm crutches.

Her wheelchair was going to be arriving the next day. As Topanga, Cory, and Rosie exit the elevator, Rosemary lets out a small whine. "What's wrong, sweetie?" Topanga asks. "M-me w-walk," Rosie says.

"Of course. Cory, help her slip her crutches on," Topanga says to her husband, who does as she says. Once Rosemary is situated and ready to walk, she slowly walks in front of her parents, but after 5 minutes, they get to their apartment door. Cory quickly unlocks it and pushes open the door.

"Welcome home!" Everybody says softly. As not to make Rosie go into sensory overload or have a meltdown.

"P-party?" Rosie asks. Farkle then walks up to his best friend. "Yes. This is for you, Rosie," he says softly to his best friend. "Wow," she says. "Now, let's get you sat down on the couch, and you can open some presents. Hmm, how does that sound?" Topanga asks her daughter, who gives a small nod, so she doesn't irritate her burns.

Once Topanga helps her daughter get situated on the couch with a fuzzy blanket over her lap and had taken off her shoe, does the present opening begin? Farkle gave his first.

When Rosie opened it, there were 5 different chewing necklaces for her.