2

I wake up in my and Riley's room. My side is pink, and hers is purple. As I hear Riley get up, I stay in bed. She turns on the lights, making me start to scream. Riley is shocked while I hear mommy and daddy run in as I put the covers over my head and continues to scream and cry.

"Hey, baby girl," I hear daddy say as I hear mom telling Riley what she did wrong.

"Riley Matthews! You know you should always open the bay window curtains instead of turning on the light because of your sister," she says to Riley. Mommy then turns off the light and opens the curtains. "Is that better, baby?" Daddy asks. I get out from under the covers and give him a small nod. "Mommy, help me dress?" I ask, reaching my arms up, wanting to be picked up. My parents can pick me up because I'm small and don't weigh a lot.

Mommy picks me up and grabs a pair of floral leggings and a yellow frilly shirt.

Once I'm dressed, mommy carries me to the table. Daddy takes my plate and cuts up my pancakes while Riley sits across from me with Maya, and I sit next to daddy and Auggie. "Please, daddy," I whisper as he gives me my plate back. Daddy laughs, making me confused. "Rosie, remember it's thank you, not please," he says; I give a small nod. When I'm done eating, I announce that it's school time. "Bye, mom," Riley says.

"Riley, make sure you're sister is okay," mommy says. We walk out, and Riley and Maya walk ahead as we get to the sidewalk and I remember that mommy said I have to hold her Riley's hand. "Ry-Ry, mommy said y-you have to hold m-my hand," I whisper. "No, I don't! I shouldn't have to. Come on, Maya, let's go to school," Riley says as they got way ahead of me, and soon I lose them. I walk around trying to find them.

The next thing I hear is something loud, so I put my hands over my ears, and then I feel something hard hit me.

I wake up with people all around me. "M-m," I try to say, but someone tells me not to talk. "Ok, girlie, we are going to get you to the hospital," a man says as he comes to touch me; with all my energy, I scream at the top of my lungs.

"N-No!!" I cry out. "N-No touch!" He then grabs me and lays me down on something hard as I scream; I feel something weird around my body, strapping me down.

Meanwhile, at John Adams Middle School

Lucas, Farkle, Mr. Matthews, and the rest of the class are waiting for Riley, Maya, and Rosemary. When Riley and Maya enter the classroom, Riley's father is the first to ask where Rosemary is. "We thought she was already here," Riley says. "Riley, where is your sister?" Before Riley can answer, Cory's phone rings, and he answers.

"Topanga, what's wrong?" He asks. "Topanga, calm down." "Rosemary, she got hit by a car. I'm going to the hospital now. I need you to drop Riley and Auggie at Shawn's. While I call your parents to meet us at the hospital," Topanga says. "Okay," he then hangs up. "Rosemary got hit by a car. Lucas, go to the principal and give him this note. Meanwhile, Riley, come with me; you and Auggie are going to uncle Shawn's," Cory says, handing Lucas the note, and then the two left. When they get to Shawn's apartment, Cory doesn't even walk them in, Shawn comes down and takes them, and then he drives as fast as he can to the hospital.

During this time, but in Rosemary's POV

They put me in a big car where I see a metal ceiling. I soon get sleepy and fall asleep. I wake up to loud voices and lots of touching. I scream, trying to get away from the hands when I hear someone. "Stop! She's not psychotic. She's autistic." I get taken by a lot of doctors, and soon I go back to sleep.

Back to the third person

Cory arrives at the hospital. He runs to the waiting room, where he sees his wife crying with his parents next to her. His mother is trying to calm Topanga. "Topanga! I'm here," Cory says as he runs towards his wife.

"Corey!" Topanga says as she stands up, and Cory takes her into his arms, hugging her. "Any news?" He asks her.

"No! They won't tell us anything," his mother says. "Ok. Everything will be ok. Rosie will be just fine," Cory says to his wife, trying to help reassure her and himself even. After about three hours of waiting and crying, a doctor calls for Rosemary's family. "Yes, that's us," Cory says. "Your daughter got hit by a car. We need your permission to do surgery on her brain," the doctor says. "W-Why does she need surgery?" Topanga asks, scared.

When your daughter got hit, her right leg and ankle are broken, and so is her left wrist, and she had hit her head on the road, causing a brain bleed which needs surgery. She also has burns on her neck, right arm, and chest, so that we will be admitting her to the burn unit after surgery," the doctor explains, giving Cory a clipboard with papers for him to sign.

"Will, our daughter, live?"

"Yes, she will," the doctor says, taking the clipboard and heading back to their daughter so she can have surgery.

"Oh my god!" Topanga says after the doctor says going back into tears. "Shh, she'll be ok once the surgery is done," Cory whispers. The four then go back to their chairs and continue to wait. After a few minutes, Shawn calls again for an update. "It's terrible, Shawn. She got hit by a car, causing most of her bones to be broken. She's in surgery right now because she has bleeding in her brain. Shawn, her neck, chest, and right arm is burned badly," he explains.

"Cory, I'm so sorry. Cory, the kids want to see you or Topanga," Shawn says. "They're so worried about their sister." "I know, Shawn. Tell them that one of us will come and see them for bedtime, please," Cory says. "Ok, Cor, I'll tell them. Call me when she's out of surgery," Shawn says. "Of course, buddy."

Cory then hangs up and goes back to his wife and parents.