Old powers

Part 2 ( I guess )  for    @mysticalpixie4467 who is the  one who inspired me to write this story...

        The man said darkly " So be it" He lashed out at Dawn with the spear, but it narrowly missed her as she leaned back on Furski to dodge it.

        He retracted his arm and yelled," Heya!" to his horse as it lifted its head and speed up. Dawns anger was flaring up and her leg throbbed with pain.

        I won't let that fool of a man beat me at my sport! Dawn thought.

        Lets do this... but no shenanigans... Furski thought. ( Oh... and did I mention that they have telepathic powers since they are both connected by a strange force? well they are and its darn cool and useful to have. Can you read my mind?) Dawn was fired up and ready to go, she spurred Furski and they were off! The track veered to the right this time and the smell of food filled the air. They were getting closer to the stands where people were safely watching the race.

Dawn was catching up to the man now, and his horse sent columns of dust floating in the air. Dawn ducked down lower onto Furskies neck to avoid getting blinded by the dust.

All of a sudden Dawn was next to the man. He looked at her, and she looked at him. Oh, this was on. All of the other racers were long gone behind them, and were lost behind all the dust that was being kicked up by the pair of horses.

        Dawn, don't do it... Furski thought.

Dawns attention was focused on the mans spear that he held in his left hand. If only she could reach it... Dawn smiled to herself and all at once she reached over the gap between the horses and grabbed his spear, focused on cool water in the winter, and pulsed with all her might. ( Pulsing is another word for sending or trying hard to do something in this story/ when ever Dawn uses her powers) All of time seemed to slow down just for the man and Dawn. Coolness seemed to wrap around them, and then, the man let out a howl of pain and astonishment. Dawn used her snow/ cold powers on the man and gave him a little taste of frost bite ( In other words... Dawn has snow/ water/ cold powers and can create snow... just think about Elsa from Frozen)

The man doubled over on his horse as the horse slowed down and nayed, putting its head up in the air. Dawn felt a wave of pride as she straightened herself on Furski, who was slowing down ever so slightly. Finely the cheers of the once distant crowd could be heard, and the forest track lead to a straight away with crowd stands along one side. Banners of all colors hung over the track as if a queen was arriving. Their were many folk there as well. Elves, centaurs, stayers, and even a few dwarfs.

 Come on Furski, we did it! Dawn thought excitedly.

They were a few paces from the finish line, and suddenly, Rawstone had its first female winner. Dawn the wanderer.

But not everyone was excited and thrilled that Dawn had won. Furski was deeply upset that Dawn had used her powers in the open... time for revenge. ( Heheheh)

As Dawn put both hands in the air for her victory, furski reared up on her two back legs and pawed at the air. Dawn on the other hand was taken by surprise and fell right off the saddle and landed on her bum in the middle of the crowd. No one paid heed of course but Dawn was pretty embarressd.

 Oh your gonna regret that Furski! Im going to get you back some day! Dawn thought violently, as she raised her fists in the air.